The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Erratic Idling

wkdtime

Car is BPU, Double Decat, FMIC.

My car is a weekend car, recently i fitted the FCD and Blitz ID3, now this may be a mere conicidence but ever since then the car idles as so,

When cold started it idles at around 1k rpm, and then soonish it plumits to around 500 and is pretty stable, when the car is warmed up it then idles beteen 250-400 and oscilates between the two which is really annoying,

I have tried ECU reset and have had no luck, the car boosts fine and my AFR's are all good.

I also have had trouble starting the car today for the first time ever, it would tick over but would not start, eventually it started.

I know my lambda sensor is on its way out, could this be the reason?

Any suggestions guys? :(

Kind Regards,

Wkd

If it's idling low, it's probably running too rich. If you rev it up and let it go, does it really struggle to catch the idle as the revs drop?

Narrowband O2 sensor if it does :)

-Ian

I have tried that Ian, when at the lights in traffic i blip the throttle it rises above 700rpm and then drops down to around 3-400 rpm and then starts to hunt again.

Whens its really warmed up and i turn the car off for a few minutes and then start it back up, the revs drop and it cuts out or it really struggles and i need to keep my my foot on the throttle.

Car is BPU, Double Decat, FMIC.

My car is a weekend car, recently i fitted the FCD and Blitz ID3, now this may be a mere conicidence but ever since then the car idles as so,

When cold started it idles at around 1k rpm, and then soonish it plumits to around 500 and is pretty stable, when the car is warmed up it then idles beteen 250-400 and oscilates between the two which is really annoying,

I have tried ECU reset and have had no luck, the car boosts fine and my AFR's are all good.

I also have had trouble starting the car today for the first time ever, it would tick over but would not start, eventually it started.

I know my lambda sensor is on its way out, could this be the reason?

Any suggestions guys? :(

Kind Regards,

Wkd

Id be checking the connections on teh FCD adn teh wires you used.

• 2 weeks later...

I just experienced the issue though to a lesser extend.

I had mine misfireing badly at high revs after having toyota put in standard Platinum plugs (thats what they called them). Apparently these have somthing called 1,0 "distance", and after having that physically nocked down to 0,5 the high rev misfire stopped.

Now I have the problem you describe (but again, to a lesser extend) but didnt have that before. Soooo therefore I'm quite sure mine is down to the plugs, and maybe the same for you?

Btw mines BPU which is why the standard OEM plugs didnt work at high revs (i'm guessing)

You think this issue hurts anything? Do you notise anything at all when you are doing anything else than idleing?