The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Mr2

Guest Woodsport

Guest Woodsport

Hi chaps! first post on supranet, blame johnny G for me even being here, so in a huge effort to steal his thunder and his piddly little V6 turbo ford probe, i give you a real mans car....

Take one Mk1 Mr2, and one Audi S8 4.2 V8 (340bhp version) and 6 speed A4 TDI gearbox...

Then violently throw them together...

Put some electricity onto it....

Throw on some tubes...

Until....

R2VDG8uwXRE

Pah! i laugh at your v6 turbo gaskell! (even though we built it)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Woodsport
but on a serious note, were are you going to sit?

and in the event of any crash im thinging a big german v8 id going to divide you?

on the roof and yes. :)

There is actually just enough room for seats and a proper bulkhead has been welded back in with roll cage protection running across the firewall, safe as we can be..... i think..... maybe...... :)

Guest Woodsport
Very nice, are you keeping the body stock? It'll make a nice sleeper.

Sadly no, the engine dictates big 17x10 rear wheels for rubber, as does the porsche brake upgrade, and with big wheels i need wider arch extensions.... so she looks like this at the moment until i get round to doing the body....

A few weeks hard work will knock the bodywork out and respray it though.

Guest Woodsport

Ah well spotted, they used to be on a BMW 7 series with 5 stud fitment, so i had the rims professionally welded up and the new 4 stud Mr2 PCD machined back in :)

Ah well spotted, they used to be on a BMW 7 series with 5 stud fitment, so i had the rims professionally welded up and the new 4 stud Mr2 PCD machined back in :)

Thats fantastic, I never knew that could be done, costly I imagine?. I look forward to seeing the car finished.

Guest Woodsport

I was thinking more supra hunting :)

Tom i know a few engineers etc and i scratch their back they scratch mine etc for bespoke stuff, the alloy welding cost about £150 for both rear rims if i remember right at a local fabrication firm, mind you he did say never again!