The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz gte swap help! Please

Cjg2jz

Hi guys new to this site and after some help I'm sure it's been asked millions of times but after some help with a 2jz gte engine swap.

My current supra is a Japan import 1996 right hand drive 2jz ge non vvti automatic with no abs or traction control

What I have brought to put into it is the following

2jzgte aristo vvti engine

With the engine harness and automatic gear box

Included was the ecu which has blitz and access tuned sticker on it I'm unsure if that's any good for me or not.

My question is first just to get the ball rolling is not how to do the swap yet but a simple list of things I need to buy to do the swap

Like wiring loom ecu engine mounts ecu ect ???

Would greatly appreciate a simple list of stuff I need to buy once that's done I'll be sorting a plan of action ect.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cjg2jz (see edit history)

it will need the supra sump, the aristo one is the opposite way around and will hit the subframe.

Cheers buddy on the list already although just need to check do I just need to buy the sump or do I need the oil pick up ect to?? Also would the one off my n/a engine work?

Cheers

Yes, your NA engine will be ideal donor. You can transfer across your Upper Sump, Lower Sump, Oil pickup, engine mounts, AC compressor and maybe a few other bits that are different on aristo 2jz.

You will also need to drill & tap out your NA upper sump using M8 x 1.25, where the oil return for turbo's are, so you can install an oil return flange. If you are staying twin turbo then you will also have the problem of the aristo twins having their turbo return hardlines in a different location (front sump) to the rear sump drain configuration found on the Supra 2J. You can either be a bit of an animal and bend them where they need to go, or source a set from a supra and install those.

Wiring loom, I'd recommend buying a 2JZGTE Supra loom. That will make the wiring affair plug and play. If you are really confident and handy with wiring then you can also merge your aristo loom with your NA loom to make it run the new setup.

Are you staying with the autobox?

Yes, your NA engine will be ideal donor. You can transfer across your Upper Sump, Lower Sump, Oil pickup, engine mounts, AC compressor and maybe a few other bits that are different on aristo 2jz.

You will also need to drill & tap out your NA upper sump using M8 x 1.25, where the oil return for turbo's are, so you can install an oil return flange. If you are staying twin turbo then you will also have the problem of the aristo twins having their turbo return hardlines in a different location (front sump) to the rear sump drain configuration found on the Supra 2J. You can either be a bit of an animal and bend them where they need to go, or source a set from a supra and install those.

Wiring loom, I'd recommend buying a 2JZGTE Supra loom. That will make the wiring affair plug and play. If you are really confident and handy with wiring then you can also merge your aristo loom with your NA loom to make it run the new setup.

Are you staying with the autobox?

Ahhh nice one sounds great.

Okay nice one shall do and I’ll probably source some supra ones just want to get it all in and running right then mod stuff I have my own garage with ramps ect so not to much of a ball ache for me to do stuff [emoji106]

Nice one just the car wiring loom or the engine harness aswel?? Also what about fuse box ect and ecu ??

And yeah staying auto for now wanted to go manual but thought it would save me some money staying auto for the time being as the speedo and gear shifter ect shouldn’t need to change if im correct ? Plus saves me buying the manual stuff

Youre gonna need a lot of wiring, as the Aristo ECU is n the engine bay whilst the Supra is in the passenger footwell. Suppose moving the battery to the boot could allow the ECU box to sit where it normally does.

Sourcing a Supra VVTI engine loom would make life MUCH easier

I’m gonna get a supra wiring loom ect as fairly plug and play tbh I read up on that a while back seems the best route

He s good mate of mine lol, you got an absolute steal with that ECU by the way

Haha Ohright was wondering lol and yeah been told it’s no good to me in the supra tho?? Dunno how true that is and they don’t go for much I have looked tbh or I’m wrong[emoji23]