The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted some nighteye led headlights

Scutch0

Are these okay to use in the stock lights ? as in you don't end up blinding everyone else on the rd.

I recently fitting HID's to my BMW but that has projector headlights which apparently makes all the difference

My Audi has no projector etc they just seem to work like the old chrome backed halogen lights as far as I can see.

Are these okay to use in the stock lights ? as in you don't end up blinding everyone else on the rd.

I recently fitting HID's to my BMW but that has projector headlights which apparently makes all the difference

That what I would be worried about. They look like they could blind other drivers from the opposite way. I find a lot of people who put aftermarket HID's without the projector units have to much glare for drivers coming the opposite direction

Im guessing that's on high beam ?

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

I've tested similar LED bulbs in projector high beams, they were very bright but the light scattered and didn't give a good long distance focused beam, the HID kit I have fitted now performs much better.

Totally agree, I have the same bulbs (although a different brand/box)

Good: They are very white, no blue tint like HIDs can have, pattern is good, and they are instant on.

Bad: The intensity of the light beyond the first car length drops off very quickly. Noticed the same on a new RR Evoke with LED main and dipped beams I had, they're super bright, but long distance down the road they just aren't as intense as HIDs.

• 1 month later...

Any more information on these? I'm about to hit the button on a set of H3, 9006 and 9005 for the headlights on my pre-facelift. Works out at 88 quid for the lot, I'm a bit concerned about having these in the fog/sidelight projectors as they might be a bit bright. Would I be better off just getting a lower power H3 LED?

I'll hold off for a bit then

Don't just take my word for it bud, maybe someone with some fitted might shed some light into whether range is reduced a bit? They can't be too bad considering manufacturers fit them as standard now.

Here's a review, though its a couple of years old now so LED headlight tech has probably advanced a little..

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/should-you-swap-your-headlight-bulbs-for-leds-1728026383

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got pictures of the beam pattern in projectors for these? I held off on buying them and after watching a lot of reviews, the bulb spacing in projectors seem very important. Considering getting a set for the Lexus first, but I can't work out whether I'll be blinding other drivers or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

*Thread revival* :trumpet:

How are you/others getting on with LED lights? I’ve been thinking for some time that my candle like headlights aren’t good enough. Have LED’s been passing MOT’s with the new regs and are they making a genuine difference to visibility and longevity? Mine seem good on a dark road, introduce street lighting or another car and it’s like my lights aren’t even on