The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mashamoto

leet45single

quite a few months have past now from dealing with mashamoto in newcastle but heres my problem.

i was looking to import a supra, so got in contact with mashamoto in newcastle and delt with a guy called Matthew Martin.

after paying £650 the search was on to find me one with the budget i had. a couple of months past and after losing bids on a number of supras i began to look at other places on the net, i came up with a supra from jm imports (the one i have) thought it was a good buy, payed deposit and then bought it.

i told matthew i got one now thank you for trying and so forth, i said can i have my money back that i have payed. on their site it says and i quote 'If I make a deposit then decide I no longer wish to use the MashaMoto Auction Network will you refund my deposit?. If so, how will it be done?

Yes your deposit is fully refundable should you choose not to continue using our service. Refunds can be made via cheque, direct deposit or via bank transfer (a fee of £25 is incurred when using bank transfer).'

the reply i got was yes you can be refunded but inspection fees will be deducted he then gave me a price saying it will be about 300-350 you will get back depending on exchange rate.

i did however want a 4x4 at the time and asked if he could get me one, he said if i got one the inspection fees will not be charged from the supra.

so on the look out for a 4x4, but prices weren't much different to here so i said can i just have my refund or at least the £300-350.

no reply since

phone doesnt ring

email dont seem to get though or get read

whats going on? :(

sorry for the esay

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Please could you email me regarding this problem as we have a similar but much worse situation at the moment. fancy a trip to Newcastle?

anyway it would be good to hear how you got on.

regards

Jon

[email protected]

Lee, I drive past them every day on the way to and from work. Let me know if you want me to do any face to face for you...

thanks mate are they still at

8A, 8B & 8C Victoria Industrial Estate

Victoria Road West

Hebburn

Tyne & Wear

NE31 1UB

thats where I went to see them.

i'll start the emails and phone calls again and see if I get any futher 650 a fair bit to just let go but jon is in a worse situation.

Drove by this morning around 8.45 and the signs are still up etc but it was all locked up and no one around. As I was driving out though I did see a Corsa with tinted windows pull into the units (althought there are 2 other businesses it could have been pulling into). I'm not at work tomorrow but I'll drive past again next week when I fin at 4.30 and see if they are open at that time.

• 1 month later...
Guest nassss

Hi everybody, i order a car in march 2010, if i read on the topic, i lost all my money?

Did you have an address where can find matthew to collect my money?

Hi everybody, i order a car in march 2010, if i read on the topic, i lost all my money?

Did you have an address where can find matthew to collect my money?

sorry to hear mate i havent got anywhere. no active phone numbers and the address where mashamoto is/was in newcastle is locked up because the place is shut down.

if you have any info or make progress about a refund can you let me know please or just post it up here

thanks

web site still up and running unless different company based in Belgium

http://www.mashamoto-imports.com/contact.php

No they are not the same company, we also had a mashamoto in holland but he started for himself, because mashamoto is a kind of franchising or something like that.

In the past they worked together, but a few years back they went there own way, Jurgen, you know Sam from SW-performance, from that time he started for himself every mashamoto company had gone their own course.

Sorry to hear you've been scammed guys.

Keep looking, guys like that will try to go on under other company names or so.

when he was finding a 6speed for me he kept getting beat ( or so he said) on the bugdet that i had given him for each car and dont get me wrong the bugdet wasn't tight but he kept getting back to me after the bids saying out bid 500 over or 1000 over.

he never said to me 6k more like 9-10k

No they are not the same company, we also had a mashamoto in holland but he started for himself, because mashamoto is a kind of franchising or something like that.

In the past they worked together, but a few years back they went there own way, Jurgen, you know Sam from SW-performance, from that time he started for himself every mashamoto company had gone their own course.

Sorry to hear you've been scammed guys.

Keep looking, guys like that will try to go on under other company names or so.

yes thats right sam used to buy of them but they fell out or something...

Feel sorry for the people involved we lost some business to them as i kept getting emails from guys saying mashamoto can do them fresh imports r34 gtrs for 14k and R35 for 35k and supras tt 6 speeds for 6k..

Those sort prices are far too low, and would of sent alarm bells ringing for me. Only one person I would go to for an import, thats Jurgen. Jurgens cars are always very well priced in my opinion considering the quality of cars and service he provides, cant see any reason why anyone would go anywhere else for an import. There are far too many people willing to rip you off, and unfortunately many people get lured in by apparently bargain prices. Feel sorry for anyone thats been ripped off by these crooks.

when he was finding a 6speed for me he kept getting beat ( or so he said) on the bugdet that i had given him for each car and dont get me wrong the bugdet wasn't tight but he kept getting back to me after the bids saying out bid 500 over or 1000 over.

he never said to me 6k more like 9-10k

thats probably because you were after a single turbo or big spec