The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road Today.

Tricky-Ricky

Just got back from Surrey Rolling Road, just a power run,

got a bit of a shock at first:( then remembered to take out the baffle:innocent: doh! with the baffle in it only got 301.2 BHP :blink: so if anybody doubts the validity of exhaust restrictions having a marked effect on performance, bare this in mind;) with the baffle removed i got 362.1 BHP and 350 ftlbs torque at .9 bar (edited closer to 1.0 BAR)thats with HKS exhaust, full 2.5" decat, Apexi filter, i also have emanage ultimate but the map is not finished so it still runs into the 10 s AFR at the top end, so it should make a bit more once its finished and i fit a boost controller, ;) :D

oh and the water injection is not set to come on until after .9 bar so that didn't have any affect,

anyway its a good RR and seems pretty accurate, and the guys are very helpful.

Oh and 302 BHP at the wheels which i thought was a big loss!

No reason to doubt there figures as there where a lot of other cars there that had other RR figures verified, in fact it known to be be a low reader??

anyway the extra .1 bar that is produced is not just about pressure, the way i see it with restrictions removed then you also have slightly more air flow, although they are linked it is not a linear relation.

Tricky, 360BHP at 0.9? 0.1Bar more than stock=40-50BHP? So, if you ran it at 1.2 BAR you could expect 480BHP?

Im a bit dubious with the BHP figures you have, unless i have missed something.

You don't know what the stock figure was so you can't make that judgement. Also, power increases are not linear just because the boost goes up...at 1.2bar he'll hit 400HP with good fueling. Because the extra heat they produce will sap power as the intercooler will be working harder.

Ok here are the plots.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p1b36ffbe1252520cc96cfddb9cb66fa6/eb9951e5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p60e5341a6ca1706780857ff64dde6e0a/eb995149.jpg

I'm not entirely sure that the .9 BAR figure that i was given is correct i think it applies to the first plot, just been and looked at the peak hold on my boost gauge and its showing just under 1.0 BAR so i would take it at that,

there doesn't seen to be a graph with pressure on the 362 BHP plot!

You don't know what the stock figure was so you can't make that judgement. Also, power increases are not linear just because the boost goes up...at 1.2bar he'll hit 400HP with good fueling. Because the extra heat they produce will sap power as the intercooler will be working harder.

Erm...but isn't stock around 300-320 BHP or there abouts at 0.8 Bar Because that's were i got my 'assumption' from, he's now at 0.9Bar and has said to be dyno'd at 360, so has gained 40-60BHP.

I can see what your saying about 1.2 Bar and extra heat etc..but surely 40-60BHP increase from 0.1 Bar isn't that likely.

Mine (6 Speed) was Dyno'd at 395 BHP at the Fly at 1.2Bar (Funny enough, at Surrey it made 420BHP), at 0.9 it produced 330BHP.

Anyways, it'll be a little bit more interesting when i get my SP T67 installed:)

Edit- I see you went to Surrey, now i can understand the BHP outputs:D.

Hmm - that's interesting, because at the same time of year my car has managed 305@atrw with just a decat and bleed valve, on that exact same RR. No idea what the fly figure was as I don't care.

But, and the reason I mention it, is up at APT's RR one hot summer day my car did 315@atrw, and the 'corrected' fly figure was 350-odd, which is much more likely.

Basically, forget about the fly figure, and concentrate on the wheel one. It's the one pushing the car along after all. Also bear in mind that different RR's (my car was unchanged between runs) will return different results.

Before I dynoed my car at SRR they explained that they have had various new stock motors on the rollers producing figures within a couple of HP of what the manufactors state.

I have also heard them to be one of the most consistant with there results.

The figures are as they would be expected to be.

Of course it would be producing a bit more than stock while showing the same boost readings.

Boost is an indication of flow restriction - of which he now has less;)

And when the AFRs move towards the 12s, then another 20bhp will be on top.:D

The figures are as they would be expected to be.

Of course it would be producing a bit more than stock while showing the same boost readings.

Boost is an indication of flow restriction - of which he now has less;)

And when the AFRs move towards the 12s, then another 20bhp will be on top.:D

Yup, that's what what I was trying to figure out how to say. I car with less restrictions can run lower boost and still achieve the same figures.