The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ceramic sealing ?????

supra steveo

been talking to some fella who works on my main gate at work and he buys stuff like oils and car shampoos from a catalouge and we started talking about the car and when i told him the car was 13 yrs old he said he could get ahold of some stuff that goes in with the fuel to clean injectors and the some stuff that goes in with the oil and seals the inside of the engine with a ceamic coatingand basically makes the engine more economical and restores power to as if its a new engine :search: anyone ever heard of this stuff or even used it it comes as a 2 part treatment BTW and i can get the stuff pritty cheap as this month its on offer was going to buy some last month but ive been away then though i had better ask about this stuff on the forum first before i blow my engine up :)

...and the some stuff that goes in with the oil and seals the inside of the engine with a ceamic coatingand basically makes the engine more economical and restores power to as if its a new engine ..

I'd give it a miss - your friend's intentions noble as they may be...

Always ask yourself this:

"If it's so good and so cheap and works so well and makes so many basic improvements to the engine - why isn't it put in/on at the factory?"

See EcoTek valves, fuel additives and tablets, those magnetic things etc etc

-Ian

A two part ceramic treatment that goes in the oil and seals the engine sounds like a kind of glue to me :blink:

Wouldn't want to glue my piston rings in the ring grooves to be honest :search:

Unless this stuff has been tested by Toyota and approved by them, then I'd stay the heck away from it!