The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vvti steering wheel

tayr

Hi all,

Wanting to switch from 4 spoke to 3 spoke facelift steering wheel.

I take it I just need an airbag adapter but what’s the going rate for a 3 spoke facelift wheel?

A guy in the US supplies carbon ones for about £900 but can’t justify that lol

I am thinking about fitting my mk3 mr2 wheel to my 96 supra this weekend. From what i understand you can cut the end off the mr2 airbag wire and graft it to the supra one. Jobs a good un'! im assuming that the horn connectors are the same. I've seen 3 spoke yaris wheels that look good too.

I have a horn conversion connector spare I think. I’ll look this weekend if you need it. Changes one plug type to another. PM me if u need it and I’ll send a picture

/QUOTE]

Is that all I need mate? Just that connector

I just have done this conversion a few weeks ago. U just need the part nr. 09082-00760 "SUB HERNESS 4 WIRE, AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT"

Just make sure u unplug the battery before you change the steering wheel and u're ready to go

btw I bought my steering wheel on ebay from hongkong. I paid 280€ incl shipping and import taxes. Just gave it a refurbish with new leather and red stitches. also flattened it a bit

Edited by MKIV_Danny (see edit history)