The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Double shiny Do Luck's

lightwave

Ok, here's the first post of the day for me. This is what I call the "pick 'n' mix" wheel setup I've been running the past month or so.

I've got my old 17"s up front and Jake's 18"s at the rear. But the Do Luck's arrived on Wednesday and I'm leaving to get them tyred and fitted at Micheldever just now... here's how she looks before I leave.

No smart remarks about how I've only bought 2 Do Luck's. There are four. :rolleyes:

...more pictures later when they're fitted I hope. If I can find a digital camera.

Copy of DSC_0018.JPG

Copy of DSC_0029.JPG

Copy of DSC_0034.JPG

Very nice, really like the double sixes. Any chance you can put them on the scales (front/rear) as I'd be interested in how much they weigh.

BTW what is the make of Jake's wheels you have on the back are they AVS?

cheers

Looking VERY sexy now they're on. I'll post pics when I can get some - no digital camera today. Anyone live near Chandler's Ford and want to come and take photos at an arranged location?

Yes, as Jake confirmed those are AVS rears. I like the gold on black too, but I think I made the right choice of chrome instead of champagne gold. The "mecahno thing" is polished aluminium. I'm going for some kind of theme afterall.

Oh, yes. They're expensivo. They were something in the region of £2000+ but they took 4 months since I ordered them at the beginning of December, so Envy kindly threw in the McGard locking wheel nuts and took £100 off too. Bonus. Good service - it wasn't their fault the Japanese suck.

I'll try and get some small mobile phone photos for now...

Oh, by way of an amusing anecdote, I'm a dick head. I left Jake's locking wheel nut at home, and got to Micheldever Tyres at 0830 and queued for half an hour before I realised. Had to just get the GSD3's just put on the wheels and take them home and do them myself. Idiot.

The tyres are 245/40 and 275/35 and were £615.70 - Bargain I thought. :)

I know, it does doesn't it? I was well pleased, cos I didn't know how it would look... and the wheels/tyres have helped loads.

It's stock suspension ;) black shocks... loves it. These wheels/tyres (mainly the tyres I suspect) have totally transformed the handling and ride of the car. It's AWESOME! And I've not even had the Lance W alignment done yet. :D

...and the soiler my car marmite. You're free to love it or loathe it. But I'm afraid there's no choice with the wheels - the love is obligatory.