The mkiv Supra Owners Club

making use of the old active spoiler stuff

TRD3000GT

Just had this mad idea about utilising the active spoiler electrical stuff left in the car and the left over unit.

This is always removed when people replace the stock nose cone for and after market.

I was thinking about utilising the system to control canards on the sides of th front bumper, can you imagine being along side someone and once you hit 60-70 you see the canards rotate by 20 Deg to a much more agressive aerodynamic profile ? :eyebrows:

Sounds like a fun little project :devil:

Here are some APR canards.

http://www.ruthlesscars.com/images/canard02a.gif

'GT Wings' ???

I'm guessing not the wings that you can see on the miami GT website (and others)

Yes those are the ones, note I am in HK so not sure if they are legal or not in UK. The problem is with the vertical end pieces, imagine being hit, going over the car and getting sliced by a piece of carbon fibre..

Right ho I'm going for a 4" splitter at the front, canards and a GT Wing and I'm going to Gt. Yarmouth for a cull of chav's. :D :thumbs:

Actually a splitter that retracts automatically under 35mph would be an idea. Safe in built up areas and might help for long fast sweeping bends....

There is a tester for this.

Any part of the car that is contactable with a sphere thing (think a bit bigger than a tennis ball) has to have at least a 2.5mm radius on it. (obviously parts covered with body parts are not applicable)

If you've ever built a kitcar and been through SVA you'll painfully know about this.

Frankly if my front wheel uprights have hit someones leg then I can't see 2.5mm radius edge making any difference to their survival at all.

If it's anything like the safety regulations for childrens toys (my area of expertise) which are extremely detailed. Even though the tests are in place if there ever was an accident where someone was killed or seriously injured by one of these, then the law could still come down on the manufacturer on grounds of due diligence.

ie. If a wing on a certain manufacturers car was found to have caused a death or serious injury, then the manufacturer could be forced to recall the lot and be in serious finacial trouble.