The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock gte intake

HarleyFDMD

I got this if any good no sensors £60

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180122/3aa920a67efb1cfc5b6438bb63c0826b.jpg

/QUOTE]Hmm ok. Looks great but i think i might struggle finding the sensors on their own.

I will keep it in mind though.. tbh im not entirely sure what sensors i need - its to go on an aristo vvti engine because the aristo intake isnt compatible with a supra apparently - in particular the throttle body

Hmm ok. Looks great but i think i might struggle finding the sensors on their own.

I will keep it in mind though.. tbh im not entirely sure what sensors i need - its to go on an aristo vvti engine because the aristo intake isnt compatible with a supra apparently - in particular the throttle body

/QUOTE]Ok mate no problem just let me know

ah right yh i wouldn't know not to sure

Aristo and Supra VVT-I intakes and runners are the same. The TB on the VVT-i engine is different to the non VVT-i GTE engine.
Ah ok thanks Frank, its the throttle body that is my biggest concern really. The aristo throttle body uses an electric throttle control/butterfly whereas the supra throttle body uses a fly by wire

Ah ok thanks Frank, its the throttle body that is my biggest concern really. The aristo throttle body uses an electric throttle control/butterfly whereas the supra throttle body uses a fly by wire

/QUOTE]

Nope, they are both the same. The VVT-i TB uses a clutch based system with gearing from a DC motor which is a lot slower also the response is not linear due to a heavy spring which is used to return the motor back to closed if not powered.

You have a few options I can think of.

Use the OEM VVT-i parts. Runners, intake and TB. But should the VVT-i TB go tits up it’s an expensive part to replace and rarely comes up for sale secondhand. Also see above re compromise.

Get an adaptor made up to fit the VVT-i intake and fit a Bosch TB from a Porsche or similar. You will need a true DBW pedal if you decide to go this route.

Get shot of the VVT-i intake, runners and TB and go with the non-VVT-i intake, runners and TB with a cable.

Nope, they are both the same. The VVT-i TB uses a clutch based system with gearing from a DC motor which is a lot slower also the response is not linear due to a heavy spring which is used to return the motor back to closed if not powered.

You have a few options I can think of.

Use the OEM VVT-i parts. Runners, intake and TB. But should the VVT-i TB go tits up it’s an expensive part to replace and rarely comes up for sale secondhand. Also see above re compromise.

Get an adaptor made up to fit the VVT-i intake and fit a Bosch TB from a Porsche or similar. You will need a true DBW pedal if you decide to go this route.

Get shot of the VVT-i intake, runners and TB and go with the non-VVT-i intake, runners and TB with a cable.

Thank you Frank, you're clearly more clued up on this than me!

I'll be using the non vvti intake/throttle body.

Thanks you for your help.

Just need to find a complete intake now!

Thank you Frank, you're clearly more clued up on this than me!

I'll be using the non vvti intake/throttle body.

Thanks you for your help.

Just need to find a complete intake now!

/QUOTE]

No problem :thumbs: I can’t take all the credit, this was something myself and Jason aka j_jza80 looked into a while ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.