The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted: Syvecs S6 ECU. Cash waiting!!

jazzy69

PM me please.

As an alternative, the Link units either Supra link direct plugin or Link G4+ Xtreme are a far more versatile unit if you have a manual car, than the Syvecs and at a fraction of the cost and have a much bigger support network. Up to yourself though, just something to consider. A few members on here running them now.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Asked Paul at Whifbitz about the Link G4 Plus but he thinks it can be a bit of a pain to set up. That said, I already have some Syvecs sensors and Toucan display unit so it makes sense to go with the Syvecs. If I can grab one at a decent price, it'll work out cheaper for me than the Link - plus labour to fit/test!!

Out of curiosity, what do you know about the Link G4 and Supra's, who fits/maps them and at what sort of cost? I have a Link G4 Plus fitted to my 600bhp EVO V and its mad quick - pops and bangs all day long........ :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Cheers

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Asked Paul at Whifbitz about the Link G4 Plus but he thinks it can be a bit of a pain to set up. That said, I already have some Syvecs sensors and Toucan display unit so it makes sense to go with the Syvecs. If I can grab one at a decent price, it'll work out cheaper for me than the Link - plus labour to fit/test!!

Out of curiosity, what do you know about the Link G4 and Supra's, who fits/maps them and at what sort of cost? I have a Link G4 Plus fitted to my 600bhp EVO V and its mad quick - pops and bangs all day long........ :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Cheers

Well Paul is a Link dealer so he shouldn't really be telling you they are a pain to set up, aside from the fact its not true but anyway... Support wise it depends where in the country you are as to who fits and maps them. For example, I know Jurgan at JM is now dealing Link and is doing an offer of free fitting and mapping with every purchase.

The Supras run quite successfully on Link, my own car is doing 750bhp on one, the plugin is already loaded with a base map so it literally is plug in and start..... hence the no pain to set up! With the plugin there is no real sense in buying a wire in unless its a competition or drift car and needs the extra features. Retail for the Supralink Plugin is £1300 or there abouts. The wire in in a bit dearer and varies by dealer. There is a Link plugin for nearly all common applications including all marques of Evo.

Oh and also, the big advantage with Link Plugin is you literally do not need a single additional sensor, save for an IAT sensor which you may or may not need depending on how your car is set up as all new Link units now incorporate a built in MAP sensor.

Well I've just finished a Link plug in ecu install on a Supra TT and the base map wasn't too good. It took ages getting the idle, cold start, etc correct, the base map allows it to start just but that's about it.

Great once it's set up though and now I have my own good base map for next time it'll be quicker.

Well I've just finished a Link plug in ecu install on a Supra TT and the base map wasn't too good. It took ages getting the idle, cold start, etc correct, the base map allows it to start just but that's about it.

Great once it's set up though and now I have my own good base map for next time it'll be quicker.

You should give Mark a shout if you need support, I'm sure he would be more than happy to help :)

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.