The mkiv Supra Owners Club

importing

lewis hill

Hi lads looking to import through JM imports or anyone else if anyone has a suggestion? I've been asked to pay some money upfront to start the search for a tt6. Is this normal? Just don't want to send money for "searching" when there is no proof if its done or not and could just take the money? I know jurgen is well known but I'm new to importing so don't want to get stitched up. I've only found out about jurgen through here. I'm not judging him at all, I just want to keep it safe.

Thanks

Lewis

I got mine thru JM.

I used his auction facility to find my own, he still needs money upfront though. This way once you've seen one, quick email to Jurgen, and as he's already got you small deposit (which tbf is prob just the guys wages who he uses out in Japan) it's quick and easy. I bid on around 5 or 6 cars before winning one.

It comes off the final fee anyway. And I'm sure if you 'give up' searching you get it back.

The other way is let him do all the searching, but I liked looking at the auction page each day :-)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417805687.775903.jpg

Guest Nicholas

Personally I' wouldn't give them a penny to start looking although there are loads of time wasters out there, probably why they want a deposit. Ultimately you want to keep control of what they buy so might be a good idea to keep an idea on the Japanese auctions and when you see something you want show them?

Thanks for the replies. The thing is there is so many grades of paint, interior etc that I wouldn't know exactly what I'm looking out for so would prob leave it down to him, going by his knowledge. I also wouldn't know what the rough prices are so wouldn't want to email on every single black TT I see lol hoping its a really tidy TT6

Edited by lewis hill (see edit history)

No worries. :)

You'll need to ask your importer for a price on each car though, as the YEN value shown in the adverts bears no resemblance to the OTR price here. :)

Yeah thanks, i had a quick look and kind of figured 1.7m yen is roughly what im looking for. You do see some really nice examples but at 4m yen :blink:

I handed over a deposit too , it is very normal, just to show you are serious about buying a car ; stops the time wasters

Mine was bought off a forecourt , not yet advertised online; guys in japan where collecting another car at the time, advantages to giving a deposit

If I was you I would look through the two links above and pick what you like and let Jurgen know , and go from there

Good few Auction pages on facebook, notify you of nice examples coming up in auction, save you hassle of looking up auctions yourself

https://www.facebook.com/JDMAuctionWatch?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Nagista?fref=ts

I handed over a deposit too , it is very normal, just to show you are serious about buying a car ; stops the time wasters

Mine was bought off a forecourt , not yet advertised online; guys in japan where collecting another car at the time, advantages to giving a deposit

If I was you I would look through the two links above and pick what you like and let Jurgen know , and go from there

Good few Auction pages on facebook, notify you of nice examples coming up in auction, save you hassle of looking up auctions yourself

https://www.facebook.com/JDMAuctionWatch?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Nagista?fref=ts

Oh okay thanks a lot! i was just a bit worried about handing over money to someone i only know through email lol