The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of aluminium radiator help please

Suprakeith

I have purchased a alloy rad to replace mine as it was leaking, I have fitted it and bleed the system.

Took a while to get it to fit into rubber mounts but now the radiator is sitting to high for the bonnet to close. Was thinking of slicing the top part of rubber down to lower the radiator height, just asking has anyone else done this or have any ideas please

Sounds like one of those Ebay specials with the square top and bottom

They don't fit unfortunately and usually you cant bolt the fan shroud on either

I think if you look from underneath the rad is fouling on the cross member so cutting the rubbers down probably wont help

I have purchased a alloy rad to replace mine as it was leaking, I have fitted it and bleed the system.

Took a while to get it to fit into rubber mounts but now the radiator is sitting to high for the bonnet to close. Was thinking of slicing the top part of rubber down to lower the radiator height, just asking has anyone else done this or have any ideas please

If you do send it back and need one that fits mine are in stock

Sounds like one of those Ebay specials with the square top and bottom

They don't fit unfortunately and usually you cant bolt the fan shroud on either

I think if you look from underneath the rad is fouling on the cross member so cutting the rubbers down probably wont help

I will look underneath Sunday and see what the rad is catching on, it is one of the eBay specials with the square top and bottom. Need the supra running Monday for work so worst case is put my old leaking radiator back on

You can get them to fit but it's bit of a mission. About 10mm sliced off from the rubbers, I used a retractable craft knife to do this, and you also need to lose the top air intake scoop. For me it wasn't an issue as I had already decided to stick my intake in the lower vent but if you want to use the stock airbox then you may have a problem if the rad is the same as the one I have. Also, I picked up a nice rad cap from JAE and when fitted the bonnet didn't sit right until a little sound proofing had been cut out because it was chunkier. If I ever do this again.....here's hoping not, I would probably just pay a bit more and get the ones that Hodge uses or maybe an SRD one, there's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Think it's just luck of the drawer with eBay one's, have just ordered a SRD rad as I want to keep the cowling on mine, plus the SRD one will fit properly and will be good quality.

Have learnt lesson for sure, won't be buying bits for supra from eBay any more,would rather pay the extra and know it's designed for the supra.