The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota (R) D Limiter

Slam

Hi all,i have picked up a Toyota® (the R is in a circle ) D Limiter today(2nd hand) Dose anyone kno about this model :search:

It came out of a working car. On the label is wire info which will follow.

I need as much info as poss pls.

RED-12v Live

Black-Earth(i thought this was more green & blue [GRIN][/GRIN])

Yellow-KPH IN

Green-MPH OUT

In the picture you can see a blue wire coming of the green wire(mph out) it the go's to a female connector with a red wire coming out to a female connector.

Now i suffer from BAD electrical GREMLINS [ANGRY][/ANGRY], so Wylie e will fit(Thanks)

Need to kno wots going on with the green into blue into red :search:

Hope you can see pic's ok.[ATTACH=CONFIG]144536[

De-limiter 001.JPG

De-limiter 002.JPG

De-limiter 003.JPG

De-limiter 004.JPG

I've got no experience of that model but I'd put money on that it's ghot nothing to do with Toyota themselves. It looks like a cheap converter that will over-assist your power steering.

I would use the wiring diagram here as a reference: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/dsc_speedo_mph.jpg

So, splice the red wire into pin 4 of the speedo connector (C13). Connect the black wire to any convenient earth point or wire: the diagram doesn't specify a particular connection. Cut the wire going into pin 5, leaving at least 3 or 4 inches on the connector side. Join the yellow wire to the loom side of the wire you just cut. Join the green wire to the connector side of the wire you just cut.

Job done. :)

Don't worry about the daisy-chained wires on the end of the green: it looks like someone wanted to extend that wire, and used whatever colours they had in the bottom of their toolbox. You're lucky they didn't have tartan and baby-pink instead as that's what they would have probably used :). Remove the extensions if you want.