The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Engine Area Knock

marc_p

Ok, I want to get this sorted before the engine goes in the aerotop, the TT engine starts and runs nice(bar a little low idle that is imo the ICV) under acceleration it goes perfect, no complaints, but when I switch the engine off I get a knocking/clunking sound, has anyone got any ideas or had this before?

The 6 speeds are noisy dude and can rattle when turning off. What clutch you running aswel? Get a little bid or audio clip up

sounds like the clutch mate

Cheers guy's:thumbs:, thinking about it, it sounds like it will be the clutch as when I tried to listen to where it was coming from, it did sound like that 'area', in regard to what clutch it is, it's standard as far as I know.

turn it off with the clutch pedal down and I suspect it won't be noisey................

Also I would very much recommend getting the pre facelift engine mount brackets and brand new prefacelift engine mounts when installing this into the aerotop. The facelift mounts will fail and are a real pain to change in situ.. :)

turn it off with the clutch pedal down and I suspect it won't be noisey................

Also I would very much recommend getting the pre facelift engine mount brackets and brand new prefacelift engine mounts when installing this into the aerotop. The facelift mounts will fail and are a real pain to change in situ.. :)

Cheers fella, I did this yesterday and got no rattle/clunking, looks like it is just the clutch.

Cheers guys:)