The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein Shocks on NA

Guest Celeeka

Hey All!

First off, I just picked up a MKIV Supra over the weekend and thought I'd join the forums here, as this is one of the better Supra communities out there. ;)

Anyway, my car is JDM Toyota Supra SZ NA model. All four shocks need to be replaced. I'm thinking of going with Bilstein as everybody seems to love them on here. :)

Was wondering is there any modification(s) that need to be done (ie. revalved, etc) when installed with my stock springs my NA cars? I've been told that TT shocks will fit NA models, with no problem, but thought I'd verify before proceeding.

Thanks for any help!

Guest carmsbody

^^ as said above the black ones were the standard and the bilstiens were optional. there are no modifications required to fit the bilstiens and you most definitely not going to regret making the upgrade.

Either made under licence by Toyota Bilsteins as fitted as an option when new, or proper German built ones are a straight bolt in replacement. Bilstein only list a damper set for the TT but it works fine on the lighter N/A cars with the N/A springs on them. I usually have them in stock, but am awaiting Bilstein doing another batch as they ran out in July. Should be any time now though.