The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Nur Spec R Fitment Issue

Maxx

Okay guys I've done the search thing here and on the US and OZ forums but can't find a definitive answer.

Could anyone tell me, is it normal for the mid pipe (2nd cat replacement) on a Nur Spec R not to fit flush with the stock downpipe on a UK car? There seems to be a 2-3mm gap between the bottom of the flanges when the top edges meet.

Obviously just cranking it up be a VERY bad idea!

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5051/nurspecfit.png

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Edited by Maxx (see edit history)

Dodgyrog, not sure whats up with the picture. :shrug:

The exhaust includes the Blitz mid pipe (2nd CAT replacement pipe) so replaces the whole exhaust except the downpipe. It's the junction between the downpipe and the Blitz mid pipe that's causing the issue.

I think confusion may reign on this thread.

The Supra has 2 cats, both are in the downpipe which is in 2 pieces, 1 cat per section.

I believe the Nur spec also comes in two bits, the rear section and the mid section. Neither of them replace the cats.

Are you saying you have 3 parts to the exhaust? A rear, mid and 2nd cat replacement pipe? Leaving the 1st cat still in place?

Absolutely correct Branners, sorry wasn't making my self very clear.

I have a blitz second cat replacement pipe and then the two sections of the Nur Spec R cat back. So second cat no longer fitted. The problem is where the 2nd cat replacement pipe fits to the end of the first cat pipe (downpipe).

The exhaust is off the car as I'm swapping to a 6 speed. When I took the exhaust off I noticed it wasn't joining as expected (see pic in first post). I don't want to bolt it all up solid then attach it with the rubbers in case I strain/damage something up front.

Supra steveo: Don't worry I'm aware that the exhaust should be fitted up loose before hooking the rubbers on then tighten it up.

Edited by Maxx (see edit history)

Could be you need to remove the bracket at the bottom of the downpipe to allow it to flex backwards and make a good join. :shrug:

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's _possible_ that the car has taken a shunt at some time which pushed the whole exhaust forward, bent the bracket and held it there, so a factory condition Blitz won't match up correctly. Remember they are robot-built at Blitz, so the chance of a bad batch is pretty low I think.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I only noticed it while I was taking the exhaust off and haven't yet reinstalled it. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a know issue with the blitz 2nd decat pipe.

supspower: This was what I was trying to rule out, I couldn't find any mention of fitment issues, but as Ark mention they are robot assembled so I think I can rule that out (fingers crossed)

Rich8v: Thanks for the heads up on the flexible section (you're right I did mean the first cat) I was a little concerned that when refitting it properly it would put strain on the manifold etc. Obviously don't need to worry about that as it's flexible.

Ark: A rear end shunt could well be possible as I haven't owned the car from new and this is the first time I've really looked at let alone removed the exhaust. Like you say robotic assembly would almost completely rule out a bad batch.

Once again thanks for you help guys. At least now I'll feel more comfortable reinstalling it correctly and not have to worry about straining anything.