The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all ! ! New owner on the door :)

Guest Koleto

Guest Koleto

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum as you have probably guessed. :p Here some info what i got.... a 93 silver N/A auto MK4 and i'm making a conversation to TT in the moment and i will keep it auto coz have got enough money to both a manual gearbox and it's realy hard to find one on these days ,so i hope if i need some help :search: i will get it here from you guys...Thanks :innocent:

Edited by Koleto (see edit history)

Guest Koleto

Yep i know it ,they are different i think so when i buy the engine from the scrap i take the gearbox to, so it's gonna be easy i think....we will see coz the only one thing missing is the intercooler so i have to buy a new one , the other think now what i do is to clear all the alu pipes and to make them shine ^^ .

Don't forget the diff and prop. You do not want the NA open diff on a TT car, it'd be too short ratio and not a pleasant car to drive. It will also destroy itself if you go BPU.

You can get IC's for a reasonable price, even a stock one off the donor car is fine provided it's not too corroded (and much cheaper than going for an FMIC)

Good luck with the project and keep us updated :)

Guest Koleto

i ask some people and they told me that the diff and prop are same and it's fine just to change the engines and gearbox, the defference comme if i put manual gearbox, but i will keep auto for now and i think it's fine or i'm wrong :S ?

i ask some people and they told me that the diff and prop are same and it's fine just to change the engines and gearbox, the defference comme if i put manual gearbox, but i will keep auto for now and i think it's fine or i'm wrong :S ?

You're wrong, or at least the people advising you are wrong.

NA open diff on a TT is not a good idea, they will struggle with the power, have the wrong ratio and in most cases not even have limited slip - not wise on a car than you're likely to mod to 380bhp or so.

Guest Koleto

380 hp it's fine for me, i'm not gonna make my car for race or not for now...they told me that whit this diff i will accelerate faster,but i will not able to go to the max speed on the car or what ever he try to explain to me... i think if i put FMIC and exaust i not gonna rich 380 hp anyway....my problem is that i cannot spend all the money on my car that's why i cannot buy a new diff for now and if it's realy bad for the car may be i will not driving it :?

380 hp it's fine for me, i'm not gonna make my car for race or not for now...they told me that whit this diff i will accelerate faster,but i will not able to go to the max speed on the car or what ever he try to explain to me... i think if i put FMIC and exaust i not gonna rich 380 hp anyway....my problem is that i cannot spend all the money on my car that's why i cannot buy a new diff for now and if it's realy bad for the car may be i will not driving it :?

Take a read here: bpu

It will give you an idea of the next stage of upgrade after going from a stock TT engine to one which is decatted.

Stock will survive on the NA diff, but as mentioned, the ratio's will be very short and you will likely not have a limited slip diff.

It's really not advisable. The TT LSD auto diffs are not expensive and are a straight swap for the NA one, quite honestly it'd be a little silly not to change it while the conversion takes place. It will also allow you to go to BPU power levels (which utterly transform the driveability of the car and the power/torque delivery).

Who is advising you on this? They don't sound too clued up, or are not explaining themselves very well. That sends a warning signal that they might not be the best to do the conversion.