The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suggestion: Quick Question Thread...

JamesF

What does everyone think about having a sticky thread where people post quick questions to things that could possibly take aaages to search for, or if people need a dead quick answer in the middle of a working day or something? Might negate the search button but it would also clear up a lot of threads. I for one post up a fair few "quick question" type threads and find myself holding back. And yes I do use the search button.

Ill start - If I put the Recaro's out of an Evo3 (or whatever model is the same as the Supra) am I right in thinking they wouldnt tilt forward to let people in the back?

Clearly you are lazy, you can't even be bothered to use apostrophes and full words.

Anyway... why not just check individual posts like we do now?

How short does a post have to be before it needs to go in your dedicated thread?

Do the short posts need clearing up?

Who built the ark?

Clearly you are lazy, you can't even be bothered to use apostrophes and full words.

Anyway... why not just check individual posts like we do now?

How short does a post have to be before it needs to go in your dedicated thread?

Do the short posts need clearing up?

Who built the ark?

yeh good idea, there are lots of people that love supras but dont know anything about computers or only a little amount. i think it would help the people that struggle with navigation, searches, etc etc.

not everyone is a computer geek!:p

yeh good idea, there are lots of people that love supras but dont know anything about computers or only a little amount. i think it would help the people that struggle with navigation, searches, etc etc.

You haven't answered any of my questions.

If someone struggles with clicking a link that says Search or Google and then can't go on to type in the thing they were going to type in your thread should they be let loose on the Internet?

If they managed to find this forum, fill in various fields to register here and then go on to post something then surely they have grasped the basics already?

I don't have an issue with lazy people starting threads with dumb questions they could find the answer for themselves, I'm just not sure we need a single thread where all these people can hang out. Is it safe to have so many people like that together in one place?

You don't have to be a geek to click on a search button

the problem with the search function is its useless a lot of the time, many times as I am looking at n/a supes at the moment have I searched "n/a 0-60" which said all my words were too short, then tried "n/a performance" again it just searched performance as n/a is too short.

There are a many examples of a questions with words like or/as/to and words like this which it won't search which makes things very difficult, not just this forum.

a questions I have been looking to get answered is what gear does the n/a hit 60?

the problem with the search function is its useless a lot of the time, many times as I am looking at n/a supes at the moment have I searched "n/a 0-60" which said all my words were too short, then tried "n/a performance" again it just searched performance as n/a is too short.

There are a many examples of a questions with words like or/as/to and words like this which it won't search which makes things very difficult, not just this forum.

a questions I have been looking to get answered is what gear does the n/a hit 60?

NAs can get to 60?

Ok, we take it Michael isnt keen!

Im not sure myself. I see the points against it. I see the point Michael is making about giving the lazy arses somewhere to hang out together, but surely this would mean that the rest of the forum would improve?

Im not sure myself. I see the points against it. I see the point Michael is making about giving the lazy arses somewhere to hang out together, but surely this would mean that the rest of the forum would improve?

I don't understand - it's your idea :blink: Why are you answering yourself saying you aren't sure?

I can't see a monolithic list of txt spk posts and constant "bumps" being a useful addition, and who the hell is going to trawl through it looking for things to answer? How will you know if there has specifically been a reply to your question after 46 more arch-rolling posts have rocked up?

Still I'm sure Mawbs will consider it as he's the expert on this sort of thing. Maybe it'll save database space or CPU load on the webserver haha :D

-Ian