The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra pain

JohnnyW

Does anyone else get a sore back after driving their Supra. I've been working away for a few months so the Supra's been in the garage so when I was back home at the weekend I took it out for a spin. The next day I had a right pain in my lower back.

I remember getting it the last few times I was out in the Supra (months ago). It's stock seats and the suspension is reasonably soft.

Am I getting old? Do i need to buy a taxi style beaded seat cover? Is the Supra punishing me for keeping it locked up in the garage?

I do get back pain if I drive for any distance in my Supra, but I put it down to my being 6' 5" and therefore probably not what the Japanese had in mind when they designed the car in the first place!

A new set of seats is definitely on the shopping list for the future...

Probably old git syndrome;) i replaced mine mainly because i was getting back pain on long trips, not had a problem since fitting the Konigs, i think if you have had previous back injury's/problems the std seats are not very good IMO.

I guess a few of the seats could have lost there support maybe, ive had serious spine damage and being totally honest one of the best places i can sit is in my supra :)

Does anyone else get a sore back after driving their Supra. I've been working away for a few months so the Supra's been in the garage so when I was back home at the weekend I took it out for a spin. The next day I had a right pain in my lower back.

I remember getting it the last few times I was out in the Supra (months ago). It's stock seats and the suspension is reasonably soft.

Am I getting old? Do i need to buy a taxi style beaded seat cover? Is the Supra punishing me for keeping it locked up in the garage?

i get a crick in my neck when it veers towards the petrol station

when i drive it ,But the seats are great.

What other cars have you had? Bentleys?

hahah i wish, no, the MR2 seats hugged really nicely and never hurt my lower back after a few hours, had an AE86 and a mazda 323. I don't know if it's because the Supe's seats are cloth, I just feel like i'm unsupported in the lower back region in the chairs.