PDA

View Full Version : Advice to unmodded Supra owners

pulse
02-12-03, 16:39
Buy a NUR spec - they're bloody FANTASTIC!!

Had mine fitted today, cost bugger all and had the baffle removed at the same time. The sound is amazing, I've heard them all at meets and I've done tunnel drives with others but nothing quite prepares you for the sound your own car makes as you wheel it slowly down the street from your mechanic..

..then step on the gas and listen to the ponies work their magic at high RPM :)

Incredible sound, simply incredible.. get yours - TODAY. :D Combine it with a nice induction kit and a good dump valve and it sounds like a growling, snorting monster has been unleashed every time you put your foot down.

Grinning wide...

-p

Whitesupraboy2
02-12-03, 16:46
Originally posted by pulse

Incredible sound, simply incredible.. get yours - TODAY. :D Combine it with a nice induction kit and a good dump valve and it sounds like a growling, snorting monster has been unleashed every time you put your foot down.

Grinning wide...

-p

Can they go on a NA :innocent:

how much was one roughly mate, ill hear steves at weekend on way to meet but he will be so far behind it will be very quiet! :D

pulse
02-12-03, 16:50
Faye bought one from the same group buy I did (AFAIK), all came as JZA-80 VVTI exhausts which as far as I'm aware fits all models (fits mine anyway without VVTI). Faye drives an NA.

I paid £455 for the exhaust (full cat-back thingy, not just back box) from Envy, but I think the price has gone up a little now.

Buy one! :D

-p

Steve W2
02-12-03, 17:20
WSB2 - I got mine on the same group buy as Pulse and Faye, they have gone up in price now though due to Gaz having some problems with shipping costs.

Still worth the money though. Looks and sounds great!

Pulse/Faye - Does yours make a really low V8 (well okay not a V8, but quite a cool sound) noise to about 3000rpm and then get quiter when Mr 2 Turbo says hello?

Its supposed to louder again when decatted:D

Oh, and WSB2, your going down! I was gonna stomp you in to the ground on half throttle, but now........:flame Dev

Scooter
02-12-03, 17:21
White sup, your NA will be even louder, if your completely stock you might want to consider the blitz back box only (replaces the last stock back box). I've got this on mine and it burbles nicely without being intrusive and has absolutely no ground clearance issues, but it may not be loud enough for you?
I'm quite interested in how Faye's car sounds compared to mine, so i'll have to have a listen on saturday.

pulse
02-12-03, 17:27
It makes a very deep burble until ~3000odd, but yes it does seem to .. well, not be quiet (anything but), however doesn't increase in volume as much through the rest of the rev range. I'm not sure if I'd expect it to, though. Probably a good thing anyway :)

I should mention that those who have ground clearance issues near their homes or places they regularly drive should probably avoid one - I've already scraped mine on a speed bump at work (but going over it a little slower solved that). It does sit DAMN low to the ground, 3 inches clearance at best.

TBH I've only done about 4 miles since it was put on (I do have to be at work for most of the day, unfortunately) but I'll have a little play tonight and let you know :)

Edit: I forgot to mention mine's been lowered anyway, which won't help the clearance any :D

-p

400BHP
02-12-03, 18:14
Try JDM_UK, I paid him 600 quid for the full system AND decat pipe, he wasn't the quickest but it got here and he DID say it would be ages so I can't complain.

pulse
02-12-03, 18:26
Picture of the NUR spec in action

Whitesupraboy2
02-12-03, 18:44
Originally posted by Scooter
White sup, your NA will be even louder, if your completely stock you might want to consider the blitz back box only (replaces the last stock back box). I've got this on mine and it burbles nicely without being intrusive and has absolutely no ground clearance issues, but it may not be loud enough for you?
I'm quite interested in how Faye's car sounds compared to mine, so i'll have to have a listen on saturday.

Ill have to have a listen to yours as well on saturday

steve w2 - try and overtake me if u dare, im gonna hire some mates to come in as lane blockers :p

Steve W2
02-12-03, 18:49
Originally posted by whitesupraboy2
steve w2 - try and overtake me if u dare, im gonna hire some mates to come in as lane blockers :p

Oh dear, you young whippersnappers never learn!:p

Whitesupraboy2
02-12-03, 18:55
Im no gei, fight till the end.

I promise to piss all over u :p

http://members.aol.com/killerferret666/friendly_fire.jpg

Literally :D

Soonto"HAS"soop
02-12-03, 19:23
I hate you all!!

All this talk of Nur Specs!!

My Nur Spec R is sat in it's box in my living room waiting to be fitted this weekend!!

I'm not sure that I can wait!!

Ben..

Faye
02-12-03, 21:22
The Nurspec is the best bit of money I've spent on my car recently. I've set car alarms off, I've given myself a headache because its so loud and best of all people have turned around to see what was coming up from behind them.

Mine makes the most fantastic noise with the baffle out and at about 3000revs there is the most tremendous noise and thrum(sp) going through the car.

I have the most wonderful car in the world!!!!!!

:D

cashpoint
03-12-03, 13:46
Stop it i'm not listening lalalalalalaalalalaalalala

Faye
03-12-03, 13:54
Go on, buy one.... you know you want to......:flame Dev

Steve W2
03-12-03, 13:55
Originally posted by cashpoint
Stop it i'm not listening lalalalalalaalalalaalalala

DO IT!!!

Be a DEVIL :flame Dev :angry:

pulse
03-12-03, 14:03
DO IT!

:D

Faye
03-12-03, 14:08
Have I mentioned how loud my Nurspec is???:flame Dev

cashpoint
03-12-03, 14:10
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala wheres my credit Card ...... No No NO lalalalalalalaala

Elliot
03-12-03, 14:12
Does the NUR spec set off your own alarm? ]

I have a Clifford 600 on mine (which I still can't use properly!) & want to get an NUR spec after xmas - if it will go on a NA ok & there are no alarm problems...

Paul Laing
03-12-03, 14:29
Nur Spec..................or Veilside.........:D

pulse
03-12-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Elliot
Does the NUR spec set off your own alarm? ]

I have a Clifford 600 on mine (which I still can't use properly!) & want to get an NUR spec after xmas - if it will go on a NA ok & there are no alarm problems...

It only makes noise while your car is running.. if the alarm is on and your car is running, something's wrong :D Its mere presence isn't what sets off car alarms :)

-p

Soonto"HAS"soop
03-12-03, 14:54
My alarm is on when my car is running!! :D

Cos I have Intellistart!!

Ben..

Steve W2
03-12-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop
My alarm is on when my car is running!! :D

Cos I have Intellistart!!

Ben..

Mine too cos I have a turbo timer!!:p

Marco
03-12-03, 15:05
I'm sure it doesnt sound as good as my Kakimoto :D

pulse
03-12-03, 15:19
Originally posted by MfS
I'm sure it doesnt sound as good as my Kakimoto :D

Yeah, yours is pretty obscene :)

Btw, my suggestion everybody buys a NUR spec can just as easily be taken as "Buy an aftermarket exhaust" - any will do, they all sound fantastic :) I'm in love with my NUR, but yours sounds equally delicious as does a Hiper etc .

BUY ONE!

(Maybe I should be on Envy/etc's payroll?:))

-p

Gerry
03-12-03, 23:33
Have put a NUR Spec on my Santa list, but my own garage has a speed bump to get into it, have you non lowered motors had a prob yet ????

Gerry

Faye
04-12-03, 05:53
Yep, I have managed to catch mine slightly going over a speed bump.

Soonto"HAS"soop
07-12-03, 14:15
Right, I finally got my Nur Spec R fitted and :eek: :eek: OMG!! :eek: :eek: it's fapping amazing!!

Yes it sets off car alarms
Yes my neighbours have already complained
Yes people stop and turn and stare :)
Yes it gorgeous
Yes it's shiney

And Yes I am EXTREMELY happy with it!! It is just fantastic driving round town with it reverberating off of the buildings, plus the ladies seem to love it.

If you haven't done this yet, then get your credit cards out now and buy one, it makes the car sound so sweet, that I can't stop driving it!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

Ben..

And Yes I have already caught it on a speed bump, but was testing out how fast I could go before scrapping it!:innocent:

Gaz Walker
07-12-03, 14:19
http://www.envyperformance.com/images/plug.gif

....so anyone want one for Christmas?

£560. Can be with you in 2 days :)

Paul R
07-12-03, 22:57
Hi,

I am currently saving up for a new exhaust. First of all I need a service and two new rear tyres - 600 quid! ow!!

I'm interested in how the baffle works on the NUR spec? Is it something that you can just shove in the end of the exhaust? or is it a section that needs to be fitted/removed?

How does the NUR spec compare to the Super Dragger? I know the Super Dragger is quieter - but how much?

Paul.
93 Jspec TT

Soonto"HAS"soop
07-12-03, 23:37
The baffle is a unit that is held in with one bolt, it could be done up by hand, but the exhaust gets VERY hot, so just piss the neighbours off!

Mine wake me up every weekend morning with their fecking kids, so a couple of late nights a month with the soop ain't gonna hurt them! :D :D

Ben..

Paul R
07-12-03, 23:39
Hi,

unfortunately I live in a terraced house and most of my neighbours are thugs! lol. So I dont wanna piss em off too much! How quiet is the NUR with the baffle? anyone got any .wavs??

Paul.

Soonto"HAS"soop
07-12-03, 23:48
It's still loud with the baffle, but it is a very nice exhaust.

I can now set one of my neighbours house alarm off with it, it has to be the exact revs, and it shakes the windows of their house and sets the alarm off!! :p :p

Not sure if it's my exhaust or the alarm going off that pisses the neighbours off, but hey, who cares!!

Ben..

veilsideTT
08-12-03, 09:34
I find the nur quiet with the baffle in place if you just trundle down the road on tick over! You wont piss the neighbours off at all!

Get to the end of the road, rip that thing out! and let it rip.
:flame Dev
My nur is awesome, wouldn’t change it for the world!
One of the best mods ive done yet!

GET ONE, YOU'LL LOVE IT