The mkiv Supra Owners Club

goodyear eagle f1 or toyo proxes f1

Aero-M

The F1 will wear out quicker iv found especially if on the front the edges wear out alot and it wasnt tracking problem its just they have soft side walls which give it the grip on cornering.

The proxes are slightly harder wearing so last abit more an not that noticable difference on handling.

I have chewed through both there both excelent tyres.

do seem to be one of the most popular, ive got one yoko and a bf goodrich on at the mo and it handles crap. car came like that so first thing is a new set, the fronts are only a budget as well so there are going.

I'm not surprised! So you're using 2 makes of tyre on one axel? :blink:

The F1 will wear out quicker iv found especially if on the front the edges wear out alot and it wasnt tracking problem its just they have soft side walls which give it the grip on cornering.

The proxes are slightly harder wearing so last abit more an not that noticable difference on handling.

I have chewed through both there both excelent tyres.

I found the exact opposite. I thought the Toyos wore really quickly on the outside edge but the Goodyears only wear on the inside (normal wear with the standard suspension geometry).

I run the Goodyears and find them a good compromise of grip and wear.

The later Toyo T1R's are better than the old S. More rubber on the outer blocks that help them stand up to concerning. I've run both F1's and Toyo's and don't think there is too much between them. The last set of rears on the Supe seemed to get quite hot and lost their grip towards the end so I'm back to the F1's.

If the F1's are a similar price then I would go for them.