PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire Meet

Gerry
15-11-07, 17:45
The Time: 1.00 PM ish
The Date: Saturday 24th November 2007
The Place: Heron on the Lake, Fleet, Hants.

Linky: http://www.goodpubrestaurants.co.uk/show_restaurant.tpl?restaurant=526

Just outside Fleet and only 5 mins from the M3.

Mr T & I were looking at a nice PubGrub place between us.
We've been to the Heron before and it's a nice big pub with a decent car park.

Meet up and have food, drink & a natter followed, if agreed, by a little "pootle" somewhere :d

As most people don't seem to use the calender, names below would be useful (just in case it's so popular that I have to warn the pub - unlikley) :Pling:

(copy & paste please)

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T

juanchan
15-11-07, 20:09
I'd be up for meeting a few new faces from the forum, but today I was roped into helping a mate repaint her living room a week on Saturday :(

I'll see what I can do to weasel out of it :d

Ewen
15-11-07, 20:34
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen

ivan
15-11-07, 23:57
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan

Gaz6002
16-11-07, 01:03
I'm a possible... maybe.

heckler
16-11-07, 08:16
would love to come, but have prior arrangement

AndyT
16-11-07, 08:20
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT

Nice one peeps. Look forward to meeting you all.:)

Gerry
16-11-07, 10:14
Looks like we got ourselves a [-]convoy[/-] - sorry, Mini Meet :)

Great :)

Ark
16-11-07, 10:41
No promises but I'll put it on the calendar. Too much plumbing, carpentering, tiling etc to get done :(

Gerry
16-11-07, 11:09
Andy's just hear from Neo (Neil) and he's coming with Eva & thier little un :)

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7, Neo & Eva

KatieC
16-11-07, 14:50
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7, Neo & Eva
8. KatieC, Laz and Cameron (maybe) depends on funds.....

jaymdee
16-11-07, 15:00
Possibly free to come to this - not sure as I have some personal stuff to do on the Friday, which may spill over to the Saturday

J

Gerry
16-11-07, 16:22
Just heard (again) from Andy to say that Neil thought it was this Saturday and now sadly can't get.
If this turns into a regular one, he hopes they can get to us in the future.

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. KatieC, Laz and Cameron (maybe) depends on funds.....

Gerry
16-11-07, 16:23
Possibly free to come to this - not sure as I have some personal stuff to do on the Friday, which may spill over to the Saturday
J

If you and C&K can go, we can convoy from ours at about 12PM.

Cheers
G :)

supra matt
16-11-07, 16:29
might be able to make this

jaymdee
17-11-07, 09:22
If you and C&K can go, we can convoy from ours at about 12PM.

Cheers
G :)

Yeah, cool. Will let you know. PM sent

Amazing grace
18-11-07, 23:48
Come on folks i will even bring a big beautiful choccy cake. Jed and soo as if i woud let u down teehee:innocent:

Sheena xx

daisy may be with me too is that oki??

Gerry
19-11-07, 11:57
Come on folks i will even bring a big beautiful choccy cake. Jed and soo as if i woud let u down teehee:innocent:

Sheena xx
Daisy may be with me too is that oki??

Hoped you could make it Sheena - and even better that you are bringing [-]chocy cake[/-] Daisy :)

See ya Saturday :d

AndyT
19-11-07, 12:01
Anyone going from Gosport / Fareham. Save my rubbish map reading getting me and Sue lost?

No satnav.......:(

Yet. :d

Gerry
19-11-07, 12:06
Anyone going from Gosport / Fareham. Save my rubbish map reading getting me and Sue lost?

Really easy to find and only 5 mins from the M3 (follow the signs for fleet.
I'll PM you my mobile in case you get lost :)

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. KatieC, Laz and Cameron (maybe) depends on funds.....
8. Amazing Grace + cake

AndyT
19-11-07, 12:10
Thank you very much. Would appreciate it. :) Looks like it's gonna be a fun day, looking forward to it.....Lots. :)

ivan
19-11-07, 12:14
Lin says is it OK if I bring her a slice of choccie cake back for her? She's going to be busy Xmas shopping. LOL :)

juanchan
19-11-07, 16:29

I'll let you know if I'm going Andy, we can get lost on the way together then :) I'm in Soton btw!

scottw74
20-11-07, 15:43
Hope this becomes a regular meet. Cant make it this time but be interested in the future.

Gerry
20-11-07, 16:06
Hope this becomes a regular meet. Cant make it this time but be interested in the future.

We hope so too.

The pub is especially nice in the summer when you can eat outside overlooking the lake.
You can just about hear the calls of baby moorhens and the drip of rainwater off the lillies into the lake, over the loud thunder of 30,000cc's of ten decatted Supes (gets poetic and dries tears in eyes) :cool:

:)

Tigger
20-11-07, 16:53
Oh Gerry my love we're not going to be able to make this one now:cry: Was so looking forward to seeing you both twice in one month:D

Well see you on the 8th:cool: xx

Gerry
20-11-07, 17:26
Oh Gerry my love we're not going to be able to make this one now:cry: Was so looking forward to seeing you both twice in one month:D

Well see you on the 8th:cool: xx

What more can I say... :cry: :nooo: :hang:

Tigger
20-11-07, 17:28
What more can I say... :cry: :nooo: :hang:I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorry :cry: I'm having my back seen too and we have a viewing at the house:d. Hope it sells soon:)

AndyT
20-11-07, 17:38
What more can I say... :cry: :nooo: :hang:

gutted for you Gerry. :(

Gerry
20-11-07, 23:40
I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorry :cry: I'm having my back seen too and we have a viewing at the house:d. Hope it sells soon:)

"Hope it sells soon" keeping my fingers crossed for you, selling your house can be a real pain.

Looking forward to the 8th...:)

Tigger
21-11-07, 08:47
"Hope it sells soon" keeping my fingers crossed for you, selling your house can be a real pain.

Looking forward to the 8th...:)Fingers crossed it does:d

If we get the place we like then we can have a nice club BBQ in the summer, pop your tents up and stay for the weekend. :eyebrows:

jaymdee
21-11-07, 09:22
Should we have a Supra meet at your old place when you move out :D really annoy the neighbour!!

Tigger
21-11-07, 09:31
Should we have a Supra meet at your old place when you move out :D really annoy the neighbour!!:rlol:

KatieC
21-11-07, 13:15
Hi Gatso, looks very much like we are not going as the Cavalier is being picked up on Saturday and Chris is down with Aidy on Saturday Morning. LOL

Hope you all have a lovely time.

Sheena hun, I am gutted that we are not coming especially when there is going to be some enjoyable Choccy cake !!!!!

Soo
21-11-07, 13:50
Hi Gatso, looks very much like we are not going as the Cavalier is being picked up on Saturday and Chris is down with Aidy on Saturday Morning. LOL

Hope you all have a lovely time.

Sheena hun, I am gutted that we are not coming especially when there is going to be some enjoyable Choccy cake !!!!!

Wot.. no Katie - no Tigger :( at this rate I'll be flirting with Soo come Saturday :blink:

Gerry
21-11-07, 14:20
Wot.. no Katie - no Tigger :( at this rate I'll be flirting with Soo come Saturday :blink:

Bugger... Forgot Soo's on here now, I used her PC :rolleyes:

Surprised the Club Pervs havn't picked up on this yet !

G :blink:

jaymdee
21-11-07, 16:49
Bugger... Forgot Soo's on here now, I used her PC :rolleyes:

Surprised the Club Pervs havn't picked up on this yet !

G :blink:

:D :D

Gerry
22-11-07, 10:21
Bump... :)

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. Amazing Grace + cake

Suprash
22-11-07, 12:55
Im in for this, can someone PM me a mobile, in case I need to catch up with you guys as I need to drop someone off at Aylsbury Sat morning, but 'should' easily be back in time, but in case I dont will need to know where you guys are....

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. Amazing Grace + cake (Yummy, havent had any of your cake in ages, well years actually Sheena, and who is Daisy ? :blink:)
8. Suprash

AndyT
22-11-07, 13:01
Im in for this, can someone PM me a mobile, in case I need to catch up with you guys as I need to drop someone off at Aylsbury Sat morning, but 'should' easily be back in time, but in case I dont will need to know where you guys are....

1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. Amazing Grace + cake (Yummy, havent had any of your cake in ages, well years actually Sheena, and who is Daisy ? :blink:)
8. Suprash

You have mail. ;)
A

juanchan
22-11-07, 18:18
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. Amazing Grace + cake
8. Suprash
9. Juanchan + guilt over abandoning my mate to paint her own flat :d

AndyT
22-11-07, 18:28
1. Gatso
2. Soo
3. Mr T
4. Ewen
5. Ivan
6. AndyT
7. Amazing Grace + cake
8. Suprash
9. Juanchan + guilt over abandoning my mate to paint her own flat :d

:D

Gerry
23-11-07, 10:35
It's TOMORROW.. :ecstatic::ecstatic::ecstatic:

:)

juanchan
23-11-07, 13:52
How did you break the 14s quarter mile with a stock TT, Gatso?! Granted my car's a UK so might weigh a bit more, but I couldn't get below 14.2 at Supra Pod!

Should be a good afternoon tomorrow too if the weather stays as it is now :)

AndyT
23-11-07, 13:57
If anyone else is headed through J5 M27 Juanchuan and I are meeting in the airport Parkway station carpark at 11:45. :)

Hope this weather holds.:)

Gerry
23-11-07, 17:30
How did you break the 14s quarter mile with a stock TT, Gatso?! Granted my car's a UK so might weigh a bit more, but I couldn't get below 14.2 at Supra Pod!

Should be a good afternoon tomorrow too if the weather stays as it is now :)

Don't know...:search:

It's a stock Jap TT but it did seem quicker than a few other stock cars there, it's fairly low mileage (30 K) so it may be a younger (in use) IC or something.

Can't be down to weight as I must make the difference between JapSpec & UK :D

See you tomorrow...

Cheers
G

Mr T
23-11-07, 19:41
Looking forward to the meet:) Should stay dry but a bit chilly, all the better for those turbos.:eyebrows:
See you tomorrow,
Andy

Amazing grace
23-11-07, 20:55
Ivan of course your dear lady may have cake :D And Jerry i am upset now not only is Soos worth a quick flirt lolol but there are going to be lots of ladies there too pmsl!!!!:p Seriously though it will be a laugh am looking forward to seeing one and all.

Sheena :D

Cake is cooling as i write this post lalalala:cool:

jaymdee
23-11-07, 22:56
Had a difficult day today at the funeral of one of my best friends, who was tragically killed in a car crash 2 weeks ago, but am going to be joining Gerry & Soo for a convoy down to get on with the fun stuff in life which makes everything worth while.

Looking forward to a good day tomorrow :)

J

juanchan
24-11-07, 02:22
Don't know...:search:

It's a stock Jap TT but it did seem quicker than a few other stock cars there, it's fairly low mileage (30 K) so it may be a younger (in use) IC or something.

Can't be down to weight as I must make the difference between JapSpec & UK :D

See you tomorrow...

Cheers
G

Mmmm. Younger intercooler, eh? I was about on a par (ok, ok....I lost 8 out of 9) with Henk in his low-mileage GZ, but I'm about to top 104k miles in mine (with what I believe is the original IC!). Where's that CW IC GB....? :)

Looking forward to the meet:) Should stay dry but a bit chilly, all the better for those turbos.:eyebrows:
See you tomorrow,
Andy

It better be dry tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting some new faces!

Ivan of course your dear lady may have cake :D And Jerry i am upset now not only is Soos worth a quick flirt lolol but there are going to be lots of ladies there too pmsl!!!!:p Seriously though it will be a laugh am looking forward to seeing one and all.

Sheena :D

Cake is cooling as i write this post lalalala:cool:

I have no young lady attached, but can I bring a slice or two home, "just in case" I meet the right lady?! :d

Had a difficult day today at the funeral of one of my best friends, who was tragically killed in a car crash 2 weeks ago, but am going to be joining Gerry & Soo for a convoy down to get on with the fun stuff in life which makes everything worth while.

Looking forward to a good day tomorrow :)

J

Sorry to hear about your loss. It brings it home how fragile life can be. Take care throughout the winter everyone.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I'm off to go sober up now....only 9 hours to go til I meet with AndyT :d

AndyT
24-11-07, 07:30
How's yer head then Juan? :D

juanchan
24-11-07, 11:19
It's been better thanks! :d

John'll be meeting us now too.

juanchan
24-11-07, 17:26
That was a very good Saturday afternoon! Good to meet yet more faces from the forum, very nice pub and a good possibility for a regular meet. Very nice cake too, thanks Sheena!

Apologies for being a tad hungover though :d

AndyT
24-11-07, 18:22
Some pics of a great Sat afternoon meet. :)
10 Supras and 15 very nice people.
Very many thanks to Gerry - Gatso for sorting it. Hi Soo.
Thanks to Amazing Grace - Sheena, for dessert. :cool:
Top dude John - Jaymdee (I think) for sorting Sheena's exhaust and getting mucky.
It sounded very nice when you drove off Sheena.;)
Thanks to big John for leading Juanchuan and me there. :)

AndyT
24-11-07, 18:24
Some more.

AndyT
24-11-07, 18:25
Last one for Sheena and Daisy.:)

juanchan
24-11-07, 23:09
Dude! That's a really atrocious photo of my incredibly filthy car! If I get up early enough tomorrow I might have to sort that out!

AndyT
25-11-07, 08:07
Dude! That's a really atrocious photo of my incredibly filthy car! If I get up early enough tomorrow I might have to sort that out!

Glad you owned up to it. ;) If you looked closely at mine you'd have noticed a film of grime that couldn/t be got with the jetwash.
But, of course, I didn't take a close up. :D

A

ivan
25-11-07, 11:37
Nice pub, nice company and a nice drive to & from. What more could anyone want on a damp Saturday?
Great to see some old and some new faces too. :)

Lin says thanks for the cake Sheena. ;)

So what was up with the exhaust? Did it still have the baffle in?

Gerry
25-11-07, 11:40
Great we had such a good turnout folks, it was a nice afternoon :)

Also nice to see some new faces, thanx for the pics Andy, forgot my camera (again) :search:

Nice chocy cake Sheena xxx (hope you warmed up in the car Daisy) !

Pity the roads were to busy to have fun on the M3 on the way back (plus dark & damp) :(

Thanks for leading the way home Jon, hope you arrived safely.

Remember all, there's the Wilts (Chippenham) meet next Saturday and it's only 5 mins from the M4 !

We'll see how people feeel about making the Hants Meet a regular or semi-regular one in the New Year if that's OK...

Cheers All.

G & S

AndyT
25-11-07, 11:55
Nice pub, nice company and a nice drive to & from. What more could anyone want on a damp Saturday?
Great to see some old and some new faces too. :)

Lin says thanks for the cake Sheena. ;)

So what was up with the exhaust? Did it still have the baffle in?

Yep. John sorted it.:D

Will be great to do this again too. :)

Suprash
25-11-07, 12:42
Was a good turn out guys, good to see some new faces......I have some pics that I will get put as well prob later tonight....

Tigger
25-11-07, 18:27

Remember all, there's the Wilts (Chippenham) meet next Saturday and it's only 5 mins from the M4 !

Are you being a silly billy Gerry? it's the 8th not the 1st:p.

Sounds like it was a great meet, hope to make the next one:)

AndyT
25-11-07, 18:39

You guys would've loved it. We just need to sort if the tables can be booked as we were quite lucky to get everyone together.

It's a popular place indeed. We also spotted the Heron too. Quality - Big JohnD almost convinced people it was a model. Lol.

Gerry
25-11-07, 23:27

Thats a whole seven days extra I have to wait... :(

Sorry folks, hope you spotted this: Chippenham Meet 8th Dec. :d

Tigger
26-11-07, 08:41
You guys would've loved it. We just need to sort if the tables can be booked as we were quite lucky to get everyone together.

It's a popular place indeed. We also spotted the Heron too. Quality - Big JohnD almost convinced people it was a model. Lol.

We had our last girlie meet there and it was very busy indeed. beautiful place and ample parking.:cool:

Thats a whole seven days extra I have to wait... :(

Sorry folks, hope you spotted this: Chippenham Meet 8th Dec. :d
Sorry, but time flys;)

Amazing grace
26-11-07, 19:51
Firstly Big thanks Gatso/gerry dear for arranging this meet it was good fun both Daisy and i enjoyed it greatly, Hi Sooooooos. A very heartfelt thanks to John/Jaymdee for removing my nasty baffle now my car has a real grown up growl and Daisy and enjoyed her new sound nearly all the way home, that was until i got stoppped by the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They decided to run a check on my car as i was driving through Dorking and apparently my MOT was out of date!!!! I was blissfullyu unaware as i had been unable to locate my documents since i moved!!!! well i spent all weekend ripping this house and a lot of boxes apart and finally found them on sunday evening phewwwwwww!!!! Anyway hello to old friends and new. Chris Daisy and i think we saw you on Monday we were in the black Toureg?? was it you?? Keep well all and see you all soon i hope:)Looking good Ashley:innocent:

Sheena
+
Daisy

juanchan
26-11-07, 20:02
If this turns into a regular thing in the New Year, I'm going to have NW pancake meets when I visit my parents, and southern cake meets too :innocent::d

Sorry to hear about you run in with the law Sheena. I hope it hasn't affected your cakes ;)

Suprash
26-11-07, 20:24
Looking good Ashley:innocent:

:blush: :thumbs:

Good to see you again though Sheena, and nice to meet Daisy, what a handfull she will be when she's older....;)

jaymdee
26-11-07, 20:44
... A very heartfelt thanks to John/Jaymdee for removing my nasty baffle now my car has a real grown up growl and Daisy and enjoyed her new sound nearly all the way home, that was until i got stoppped by the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem Sheena, glad its back at it's noisy best. Sorry to think I got you in trouble with the law though :innocent: