The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which A/R Then??

terribleturner

Ok, i blame this on Jake and slightly on Private Piles. Like every man and his dog i have ordered myself a GT4088. Initially i had ordered the 81a/r seeing as there's a few people running this set up now and it's tried and tested and seem's to be working just about right. But now im thinking would it be worth going for the next size up?? Think it's the 96. Need to tell him tomorrow sometime. So what should i do and why?? How much more like will i see from the 96 over the 81?? And potentially how much % horsepower will i see in the bigger a/r?? Thoughts people???????

Because I couldn't get 1.06 divided (out of stock everywhere) and the 1.19 doesn't come with a v-band turbine outlet.

I thought the 0.96 divided might be too restricted so I went for .96 undivided.

I did consider the .81 but I want more power and I don't care if I lose some low down spool. My GT60 was on-boost nearly all the time but now I'd like to be able to cruise off-boost really.

I went for the next size down, got a GT4088R with the Precision 0.68 housing (Michel tells me), car is being mapped 8th June hopefully so should be able to provide some hp/spool stats then. I wasn't to bothered about big hp numbers, I wanted a really responsive street car hence then smaller A/R.

God im really going mad. Shame no others running the GT4088 have got power graphs to compare with. We have Jamie's but he's got alot more going on with the engine like cam's etc....

Think i'll go with the .96. As said it'll mean i can drive off boost and will mean i still have a good top end.