The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Online Alloy Wheel Buying Advice Please

Guest Enola Gay

Guest Enola Gay

Thinking of using this Web site:-

http://www.alloywheels.com

Top site as can put a Supra in and see wheels on a car mock up and loads of search facilities.

Anyone got any advice of anything to be wary of or recommend another source/site for wheels please?

I searched everywhere and anywhere for wheels that I liked and then I purchased them from a trader on here, they'll make sure that you get the correct fitment for the Supra.

I'm sure they'll match or beat a price that you get elsewhere.

You should also fit wider wheels/tyres on the rear, I don't know if you have the UK brakes but not all wheels will fit over them.

Guest Enola Gay

How do I know if prev Jap owner had upgraded brakes (same spec as uk ones if upgraded I understand). By measuring the discs size?

Also if rear wheels are wider does this mean diff Offset? Cannot this put strain on wheel bearings? Do they do same wheels but with diff widths?

I get RSI from mentioning all of you seperately Nic :p

Nic is VERY good with prices, he is a lovely guy, has a wide range of JDM designs available to choose from, is knowledgable and very helpful. He can offer priority airmail, or surface mail for those on an economy run.

Import Pimp, for all your JDM needs :D

Happy?!

Im thinking about getting these for mine the only problem is they dont do 19"s, i like these though so i might stilll get them, do you think they'll look ok on my supe in 18"s or shall i just find some different 19"s....what do you think? oh and also what wheel width do i need 8.5"?? and also what width tyres will be best?

DSC00033.JPG

899.jpg

How do I know if prev Jap owner had upgraded brakes (same spec as uk ones if upgraded I understand). By measuring the discs size?

Post pics of your front and rear brakes and we can easily identify which you have.

There are photos of the larger 4pot front and 2pot rear calipers here, if yours look different to this they will be the smaller ones.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98436

Also if rear wheels are wider does this mean diff Offset? Cannot this put strain on wheel bearings? Do they do same wheels but with diff widths?

The offset required usually depends on what offsets the wheels are available in and what is needed to clear the brake calipers. The standard offset is +50, sticking as close to the standard offset is ideal, although not always possible.

Bigger diameter, wider wheels with lower offsets puts more leverage on the suspension components and bearings, which will caused increased wear over time.

Im thinking about getting these for mine the only problem is they dont do 19"s, i like these though so i might stilll get them, do you think they'll look ok on my supe in 18"s or shall i just find some different 19"s....what do you think? oh and also what wheel width do i need 8.5"?? and also what width tyres will be best?

Those wheels are not available in the correct PCD (pitch circle diameter) for the Supra. If you imaging a circle drawn through the centre of each wheel nut hole, the PCD is the diamter of that circle. The PCD of the Supra wheels is 114.3, the MOMO wheels look like there designed to fit European cars, which generally have different PCD to Japanese cars.

The wheels are also not an ideal width for the Supra, it looks like they are only available in 7.5 and 8.5 width. Ideally I'd go for a minimum of 8" width on front and 9" on the rear.

The best place to find wheels to fit the Supra is generally from a Japanese Wheel manufacturer. Here are a few links of some of the best, if you need any help, advice or prices, just give me a shout, as I can do good deals on most brands.

Weds

Rays/Volk/Gram Light, etc

Advan/AVS

SSR

Work Wheels

Racing Hart

Do Luck

Blitz

TRD

• 9 years later...

Would anyone care to update this thread with recommendations or traders for Toyota fitment alloy wheels. I'm in the market for something like BBS LM 18 in a staggered set. Can't afford another set of original BBS but have another car on the way that could use something similar.