The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller question

Conrad

I have a Blitz dual BC which I'm gonna be fitting tomorrow.

I bought it because when I went BPU my restrictor ring was resticting me to 0.9bar. I took the ring out and now I get 1.2 maybe a touch more.

I thought if I fitted the BC I could just set it to 1.2 and it wouldn't go over that. But Thorin said on another thread that the BC wont stop it going over 1.2 if it is already, you ony use the BC to up the boost.

Is this true? And if so will I need to put my ring back in and then up the boost to 1.2?

Thorin is absolutely correct, a boost controller can only raise boost, it cannot limit or lower boost.

I would suggest refitting the restrictor ring, then use the boost controller to raise the boost to 1.1 - 1.2bar. You will see a slight rise in boost pressure in colder weather, so if you are going over 1.2bar now, you will be seeing even higher readings come winter

Conrad, look at it like this, the boost controller can only increase boost from the cars base boost limit that is controlled by the wastegate or restrictor ring, it cannot lower the boost below it.

e.g , stock TT makes 0.8 Bar, if you place a boost controller in the system now, you can now only increase the boost from 0.8 and cannot lower it below it because this is bascially your base boost that is controlled by the wastegate.

Conrad, look at it like this, the boost controller can only increase boost from the cars base boost limit that is controlled by the wastegate or restrictor ring, it cannot lower the boost below it.

e.g , stock TT makes 0.8 Bar, if you place a boost controller in the system now, you can now only increase the boost from 0.8 and cannot lower it below it because this is bascially your base boost that is controlled by the wastegate.

Oh I see, I get it now. Cheers bud.