The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BP Ultimate 102 & Shell V-power

RICHARDA

Optimax is only 98.9 up here in Scotland. Mind you not got my car off Jurgen yet so cant take advantage of it.

its amazing that we can say ONLY 98.9 a litre, we have been conditioned by high prices that we think that is cheap.

its amazing that we can say ONLY 98.9 a litre, we have been conditioned by high prices that we think that is cheap.

this is the thing i was discussing with my work mate - the whole country went apeshit when we hit the 70p barrier - 5 years on - and were near a quid and no ones sayin jack shit ..... lpg is the way forward :D

Filled up with V-Power by accident yesterday, thought i was filling up with Optimax but reciept said V-Power which i thought was strange, paid £1.09 a litre which isn't totally unusual in London especially if someone starts a war with a Middle Eastern country or there's flood/storm/tornado or when it's holiday season USA.

BP 102's been out in Canning Town East London BP for a few months now, another station in Southgate North London was sposed to start selling it end of June, they weren't when i was on route to Santa Pod around then but think i saw a sign for it the other day.

Could be worth putting half a tank in or so on the way to a track or dyno run day, then dilute to taste/wallet on return journey if there's still any left (should get a few more miles out of the tank too!)

this is the thing i was discussing with my work mate - the whole country went apeshit when we hit the 70p barrier - 5 years on - and were near a quid and no ones sayin jack shit ..... lpg is the way forward :D

Due to the goverment passing new laws you cannot protest any more because you will get locked up

What is the best one then guys? V-Power or this BP 102RON? Anyone had both and noticed any difference?

On paper the BP looks better with the octane rating at least. Price wise the V power wins by a large margin.. (V power is around £1.00-1.10 per litre. BP102 is around £2.40+ per litre).

I guess it boils down to: Is the extra 3 octane points worth double the price ?