The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Removal

BigPedro

First disconnect the battery (otherwise you will trip the airbag malfunction light). Remove five screws holding the top panel in place. Unplug connections and remove. Unscrew screw holding right side panel. Remove panel around gear shift (held in place with clips only but be careful to pull only straight up). I find starting from the ashtray going forward works best. All of the other panels are held in place by clips only. First remove center gauge panel, then right side and left side. Replace in reverse order.

1) Pull out the ashtray.

2) Prise up the gear lever surround ... it just clips in.

3) The piece with the warning lights above the main dial has five screws in, remove these and then disconect the three plugs and pull away.

4) Once this has been removed you can then pull out the centre dial cover which again clips into place.

5) You should now be left with the main centre piece panel and the ignition panel.

6) Remove any screws which should be at the top as the rest just clips in.

7) Prise away the panels and disconnect the remaining plugs.

The rubber coating needs to be removed before you can prime it. The best way of doing this is to use bleach and one of those kitchen scourers that look a bit like chrome netting. Think you know the one I mean.

I found the best spray paint is from halfords. If you want some advice on the spraying then let me know as I have just finished mine.

Hope this helps mate, if you need anymore info then just ask.

• 5 months later...