The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting facelift clear indicator lenses

i-macca

Hi all,

Just been fitting my new facelift lenses as bought from ebay, using as much information as I could from the guide that's in the FAQ section. Just thought it was a shame that the photos had all disappeared so I have taken photos of the process as I did it and written it up in a word document. ;)

I hope this comes in handy for people and maybe somebody would like to convert it in to a pdf to put on the site somewhere?

Let me know if there are any mistakes in it and I will correct, I think it's ok (I did skim read it through again) :taped:

http://www.i-macca.co.uk/temp/How%20to%20fit%20Facelift%20front%20indicators.doc

That's fantastic, thanks Michael :)

EddyS, I think they are about £12-15 each and you need two. No more than that. I can't find my receipt at the moment though!

I have never seen any pre-facelift clear lenses and to be honest these look a lot better, they sit more flush with the bumper and look like less of an afterthought!

• 8 months later...

OK, I think the indicator bulb in the facelift is a WY21W (((Shown as #4 in the below photo)))

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=132&strPageHistory=cat

and the small side light is a normal W5W (((Shown as #1 in the below photo)))

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=97&numRecordPosition=1&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&strSearchCriteria=

Is this right ?

pfront2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I fitted mine last weekend using i-macca's guide which was very helpful. It was very straight forward and took about 90 mins however, I recommend that you drill a hole in the bumper to accomodate the extra bolt on the side of the facelift indicators as they were way too wobbly without it, after re-fitting the indicators with the extra bolt they were a much sturdier fit.

Yes, the guide is very good.

I was thinking about drilling a hole as the stock bumper seems to have a square section, on the rear of the bumper (feel around there with your hand) around where the 3rd hole would go as a strenthened section. Although, I was also thinking about some double sided tape just to attach the top of the clear lense to the top of the bumper where the stock fixing point is, just to remove any slight wobble there is.

I did notice however, that the rear of my blobs were a different shape to the guide.

Blobrear.JPG

I considered using double sided tape at first but after considering long term exposure to water, dirt etc I changed my mind.

So I drilled the holes and re-fitted with the side bolts without any problems, I used the nuts from the top of the old blobs to secure them, it took about 15 mins and they are now as tight as the old blobs, recommended.