The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE FAQ's

Tom S

See this thread. There's camping options

1) How much is it to camp for both days? It will be 1 price for the whole weekend think last year was £15 per car

2) Is wireless Internet available? (power sockets?) Should be BT Openzone I have passes

3) Would you like me to look into multicasting a video stream from our tent? (Having a webcam which streams to a server where people can connect and view the activities in real time) Can do

4) Anyone up for the spec list idea we did a couple of years back where you have a doc template to fill your details in? Will find out for you

5) Are there passes out to be able to go in and out of the camp site if needs be? (for more beer ;) ) YEP

6) Where are we meeting on Sunday for the convoy in? TBA

7) Are the showers normally clean? Yes but tend to get very busy, best to go early morning, we will be right beside the shower block

8) Or do you advise flip flops? Always worth while just in case

9) Can we cook on site or are there cafe type things? There will be a club BBQ gas powered, food supplied by club donations to cover costs.

10) Is the tent area lit? I've been to a few festivals where finding tent was difficult. Yes, lighting will also be inside Marquee and surrounding area

11) can the tents stay up for the whole time? yes in designated area

12) can we pre pay for tickets? No only on the door

We will have a large area which will be posted on here soon.

I will be there from around Mid Day so if your there will see you when you get.

We have the following arranged for your enjoyment and comfort.

Would all members with Folding Chairs remember to bring them to sit on, I have 2 and a folding table for the laptop and projector.

1. A 40 x 30 foot Marquee with internal lighting and zip front and back to get cars in

2. Patio Heaters for Inside the Marquee to keep us warm during the night etc.

3. 2 off 6 foot Fridges to keep the beers etc cold and the food that will be delivered fresh on Saturday.

4. DVD and sound system together with a projector like last year playing club dvd's during the day and films etc during the night. Please feel free to bring films etc which are current.

5. Gas Powered BBQ. Club will provide food for whole event as prices are expensive. This way members will donate to costs for food and save themselves some money. Volunteers required to assist with cooking etc....

6. There should be a BT Openzone at the Event and therefore WIFI available, don't worry I have some passes.

There is more to add and will add as time gets closer.

Last Years Pics are here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=43394&highlight=jae

Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) 2006 is confirmed!

Last year we had over 3500 club cars and 2006 promises to be even bigger with more clubs registered already.

For 2006 JAE will be staying at the new, bigger venue, The East of England Showground. But for 2006 we now have even more to do with more activities for clubs, more activities for enthusiasts and better facilities.

JAE 2006 will take place from Friday 21 July 2006 to Sunday 23 July 2006

Last year we proved the new, secured venue is large enough to hold ALL car clubs/traders and have a designated camping areas. We know we did not get everything right and so have made some changes for this years event. Now there will be separate, smaller trade areas, dedicated autojumble, even more camping space, a fun fair, fireworks, film show, disco and a heck of a lot more! But we will still have the relaxed, friendly atmosphere, chilling out by barbecues and generally having a fun time messing about with all things Japanese and wheeled!

It's official! JAE is the largest Japanese Car Show anywhere in the world!

Detailed information about this year's event will go out in February. But, if you want some more information use the dedicated JAE forum at http://www.japcarclub.com/jae this website will also be updated regularly to keep you abreast of information and developments for 2006.

I'll be there !!

Official Map

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/JAE%20map.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...