JamesG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by JamesG

Found this black box under the drivers seat. I thought originally it might be for the electric seat but that still works when I unplug the box.

Anyone know what it could be?

James.

:eek: TI SI A BOMB!$"%$"$" QUIK GET OUT OF TEH CAR!"%"%" :eek:

Doesn't look like anything I've seen stereo related. (That's not to say it's definately not), and as I've just changed my J-spec seats over to UK, it doesn't relate to either of them either..

Looks like a coax lead attached to the side of it and looks like a genuine Toyota style plug.... Confusing.

I hope it's not a bomb!

It doesn't have Toyota stamped on it anywhere. The plug does look just like a standard Toyota plug (like behind the dashboard).

There are no other connectors other than the plug and the co-ax. I've seen no evidence that the car has had a hands-free kit fitted at any point.

I remember the dealer I bought it from mentioning something about a Tracker. Could it be one of those?

James.

.....and as I've just changed my J-spec seats over to UK.....

Why's that Matt ?:conf:

It's NOT just for the 'comfy-warm-bum', IS IT ? ?:sly:

YOU'RE NOT TURNING FAIRY, ya southern fruit ya':p

Yours, 'ard-as-nails, ice-arse-FatS........bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr

NOW I've heard it all.....

buying mats as an EXCUSE to then change SEATS ! ! :)

I'd just 'ave bought one of them Coffee-Heater-Elements, plugged

it in the ciggy-lighter, and stuck it 'tween me legs....

IF I WASN'T ALREADY SO 'ARD ! !

[ps. anyone know a local Dalmart-Thermolactyl supplier ?]

Matt I actually saw a car(a supra actually) with a similar contraption and with quite a number of wires from it----including a co axial cable......

And it was from a hands free phone set up with an external antenna.

So just assuming it's possibly the same thingy.....

I'll have a look tomorrow when it's light. I wish I'd looked when I fitted an amp under the passenger seat. I had all the seats out except the drivers :)

I'd be suprised too if it's just a mobile phone booster. That plug has loads of wire in it.

Could it be an old part of some satellite navigation equipment? Mind you, the car was imported in 1997 and the old headunit was a 1997 model, so it would probably be from before that.

James.

Guest Martin F

If it's for a phone, and some sort of booster, then there will be a smaller co-ax cable in that multiplug going to the actual phone.

Unless it is actually the phone itself and that is a loom that goes to an installed car phone handset.

• 3 months later...

Dragging this one up from the archives, I've just found one of these boxes under the drivers seat in my 6-speed. Tha auto never had one, so now I'm wondering if it's something GZ related???

It does have an aerial coax that splits at the drivers kickwell and disappears into the headliner! :conf:

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Dragging this one up from the archives, I've just found one of these boxes under the drivers seat in my 6-speed. Tha auto never had one, so now I'm wondering if it's something GZ related???

Errr hold on a sec, what 6-speed? ;)

Gaz.