The mkiv Supra Owners Club

abs and traction control prob

piehound

ok guys here we go , ok got the car back today all rebuilt and running like a gooden, but i have a new problem?

ok when i slow to almost a stop the abs kicks in it only does it at about 5 mph, after this has happened when i try to pull off the trc light comes on and puts it into slow mode for a second or 2 , its not intermittant it does it every time, abs works fine at speed, if i turn the trc off the abs will still cut in at 5 mph or the second just before you want to really stop

the guy who removed and rebuilt the engine is taking a peep tomorow but im just asking here incase there is an easy fix for him that he may not know of, is there something he may have changed after removing and refitting the motor ?

I cant recall reading about this particular problem before.Usually ABS faults are related to a duff sensor.

As the engine has been out, it is most likely to be related to the rebuild.

First port of call may be the conections to ABS ECU and Throttle Body connections and any? in between.

aha the problem is resolved during the removal of the engine etc the suspention and wheels etc where moved after a bit of cleaning and an air line the sensor is a ok , cheers guys , it was odd that the abs on the front was screwing the tc up to the rears but alls well and running like a new 1, had the garage said they took the motor out from the bottom i would have told them to look at the sensor first, but they did figure it out themselves, baring in mind this place only does engine rebuilds etc they dont often see problems like that as most engines are out when they rebuild them.