The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK turbos in a Jspec

Irvy

Hi folks

i have slowly been purchasing a few items over the months and am nearing the time when i will have a go at the install

i am really looking for advice on how to proceed and where to get any parts i may not be aware of...esp the connecting part - all will become clear.:tumble:

I have in my posession UK hybrid turbos - came out of Dales car along with an external wastegate.

Along with this I have the 550 injectors and fuel rail from the car.

I am awaiting a resistor pack from a forum member which should be on its way soon.

I also have a greddy EO1 fitted and the Emanage sitting on a shelf:)

Am assuming i can have this set up ready togo and contact Ian C for a helping hand.

How do i go about this is the big Question!

I have a competent person to help me out with fitting

just need to figure out how to piece things together..esp where the wastegate is concerned and how to connect downpipes etc as i was told this will not fit

any advice would be appreciated.:drown:

thanx

Irvine

Here's some pictures of Irvine's new UK set up showing the wastegate.

thanx for that james - I dont have pix yet.

Dales setup had the manifold cut down the middle and welded.

The turbos operated like in TTC mode instead.

He had an external wastegate as well.

I dont know much about all this...i am hoping from the info i gleam here my mate will be able to begin the install.

does the wastegate require independent fitting? or is it just for boost control and ready to go welded as it is?

I assume you have the UK exhaust manifold as well? As the UK turbo won't fit on a J-spec manifold.

this i aint sure about...need advice on how to overcome connections

cheers lads

you will need a UK spec 1st decat pipe:)

I feel a chat with Chris W will be required - presently have both CW decat pipes

I am assuming that from James' pix I have the uk manifold in the box(I aint opened anything in the boxes yet - apart from seeing the top of the wastegate and a few other shiny bits). If I can get the correct decat pipe and check on how to fit in TTC I can go begin the process?

this is very helpful so far

cheers guys

I feel a chat with Chris W will be required - presently have both CW decat pipes

I am assuming that from James' pix I have the uk manifold in the box(I aint opened anything in the boxes yet - apart from seeing the top of the wastegate and a few other shiny bits). If I can get the correct decat pipe and check on how to fit in TTC I can go begin the process?

this is very helpful so far

cheers guys

theres no reason why you cant start. may also want to order a new exhaust manifold gasket whilst your at it too. you may also want to check up on how to connect that wastegate up to boost controller etc. i think that supraTTmyster(Emin) is also running a similar set up so may be worth pm'ing him about this too

theres no reason why you cant start. may also want to order a new exhaust manifold gasket whilst your at it too. you may also want to check up on how to connect that wastegate up to boost controller etc. i think that supraTTmyster(Emin) is also running a similar set up so may be worth pm'ing him about this too

Emin is supplying the resistor and I have spoken to him about this but he says he is using the wastegate for boost control...and probably a nice loud whoosh noise!:) ...but if he is reading this...

does anyone know for certain about the uk pipes regarding fitment

do i buy a uk 1st pipe which will connect to the jap 2nd pipe....or do i need both uk decat pipes as i will need to connect to the uk downpipe one end and my nur spec the other???

Chris :haha:

ok...quick resume

i have a jspec

i have dales old turbos (UK)

your jspec decats in my car

the turbos have a uk manifold

i have a resistor pack on its way and have the 550s and rail

how to connect it at the downpipe - uk style

cheers

Irvine

ps...noticed a pipe coming out the external wastegate...hope this connects to something simple :)

• 1 month later...