The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these SE bodyshops any good please?

Holly

Following the theft of our Volk TE37 wheels from our Skyline, and the damage caused, we need to get some repairs done. Does anyone have experience of bodywork repairs by any of the following bodyshops in the South East:

Coachwork Renovations (Gravesend. Not keen as we had a dodgy repair 5 years ago, but maybe they've improved?).

Garretts Bodyworks Ltd (Canvey Island)

Four Elms Bodyworks (Strood)

Vehicle Accident Repair Centre (Sidcup)

Thanks,

Jen

We'd obviously prefer to go to one that people have good experience of, the only problem is that we need to get 3 quotes if we don't use the insurance company approved repairers. Happy to do that, but our experience with this last year (we went to a Volvo repairshop, which turned out to be crap anyway, but that's another story!!!), was that it was VERY difficult to get the insurance company to approve the repairs when the bodyshop found extra damage etc. as they kept arguing over the money side.:blahblah:

We'll bear them in mind, thanks Ro!

Hmm, 2 more recommendations whilst I'm still typing; they must be good!

GVN have 3 crash repair insurance jobs in there now that were kitted up and not declared etc etc..

You know how this story goes :faint:

Well fortunately, the insurance company (Chaucer), will replace the Volks like for like (I insisted ALL the mods were declared), so we're really pleased about that, just need to get some wheels so we can move her!! We have 'borrowing' a temporary set in hand, just need to drive a long way to collect them, but I just want the car moved. :scare:

Or write off the car:faint:

It's just deep scratches on the bodywork, both rear quarterlights, some interior (steering wheel looks buggered) and underneath damage, the latter due to 'inappropriate' positioning of the jacks and log!! :swear:

On the positive side, as the police said, they could have smashed the car up completely! :(

It's just deep scratches on the bodywork, both rear quarterlights, some interior (steering wheel looks buggered) and underneath damage, the latter due to 'inappropriate' positioning of the jacks and log!! :swear:

On the positive side, as the police said, they could have smashed the car up completely! :(

Sorry to hear about the bad news Christian / Jen...

Always dissapointing how people can have NO respect for personal property!

Thanks again Guys.

Actually, I think the police acted pretty quickly really; they called just after 8 this morning and a 'scene of crime' van met me at the garage by 11 (I couldn't get ther earlier). They dusted where they could, but the bu**ers had wiped her down pretty well. They found glove marks so said unfortunately they knew what they were after; they could have taken a lot more actually. They left no prints on the CDs they left (obviously not to their taste!), but the police took the 2 tonne jack that they left under one side (log under the other), so you never know, might get something from that. Got some blood from one of the wing mirrors, which they had folded in! The police thought it probably would come back as having 6 legs (dead insect) rather than 2 unfortunately, but they took swabs anyway! Overall I was pretty impressed, and they really did seem sympathetic.

I work @ a bodyshop and it's true that if you don't go with ur insurances approved repairer that they'll ask for other estimates.

However, even if you take your car elsewhere you shouldn't need to be involved with additional costs between the insurance company and repairer.

If the repairers take on the job and have the written authority from the insurance company and find extra damage as long as they keep submitting images by the estimating system and give detailed prices of any additional parts etc then there shouldn't be a problem.