The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VIN plate decoder

Digsy

Right-ho.

In order to help people who are trying to get part numbers from here but may have trouble telling us exactly what kind of car they have, or even just for those who want to check out their VIN details, I have taken all the good info from the MKIV.nz site and put it into a user-friendly spreadsheet.

Here's how is works:

On the first worksheet, fill in the VIN plate with your details, and it will be decoded on the right of the sheet. The other three sheets contain the information that makes it all work, and can be modified.

The all the sheets are protected to stop accidental mess-ups, but it can be easily unprotected so you can have a play around yourself.

I banged this together pretty quickly, so please let me know if you find any bugs.

PS. MODS: Please please please can you allow us to upload .xls files????

VIN Details.zip

Nice work, I've been looking into this very kind of info for the Supra model guide in the FAQ section. I thought for one moment you'd cracked the FA trim code... but alas not! :) I think it's Recaros myself, but I wonder if there's anyone with a non-RZ model that has this code? (ie, if it's only found on RZs with Recaros then FA = Recaros for sure).

Nice work, I've been looking into this very kind of info for the Supra model guide in the FAQ section. I thought for one moment you'd cracked the FA trim code... but alas not! :) I think it's Recaros myself, but I wonder if there's anyone with a non-RZ model that has this code? (ie, if it's only found on RZs with Recaros then FA = Recaros for sure).

Well I have a facelift RZ (so Recaros as standard) and my trim code is FB20, so looks like that theory isn't quite right! :(

Guest Sakura

I think it's an excellent template, so well done for putting it together. :respekt: It doesn't like my chassis number though (1001643) it just puts a row of ####### in the box! :thumbdown

I think it's an excellent template, so well done for putting it together. :respekt: It doesn't like my chassis number though (1001643) it just puts a row of ####### in the box! :thumbdown

That's December 1997 (flash git ;) ) And I've fixed it now...

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to do very well on my UK spec.

Model: JZA80R-ALPVZW

other bit with all the codes in it except VIN:

752LF00B04DA343E

so that's 752 paint code (storm blue) .. trim is LF00 (uk spec)

dunno what B04D is.

A343E is the a340 series automatic transmission