The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Gunmetal 6 Speed Twin Turbo

Guest SupraTroopa

Guest SupraTroopa

I've owned the car for about 14 months, but now a deposit for a house is needed so sacrifices have to be made.

Would rather a fellow member had the car and went to a good home.

Info

It is an October 1996 Registered facelift RZ (non vvti) 6 speed manual with BPU mods. I bought it as a fresh import in April 2009 with a touch over 30,000km on the clock, it is now showing 40,000 but the conversion was done on import so is about 28,000 miles give or take.

I have had the car serviced 3 times in total in the 10,000 miles I have driven it. The first was a crappy standard service when I first bought the car but then afterwards I have serviced with Silkolene pro-s fully synthetic oil and I fitted some Denso IK24 plugs (all purchased from opie oils). I also changed the fan belt on purchase and had the cam belt checked which at this mileage was still absolutely fine.

It has never missed a beat and driven lovely since the day I bought it.

Engine / Drivetrain Mods:

• Denso Iridium IK24 spark plugs

• Aux Belt

• Trust FMIC

• TRD Uprated Rad Cap

• TRD Oil Cap

• New standard TT clutch fitted approx 6000 miles ago (with receipt)

• ARC Induction Box

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

• Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

• MINES ECU

Exhaust:

• Apexi N1 Exhaust

• Whifbitz 1st decat

• Whifbitz 2nd decat

• 1 bar restrictor ring

Suspension, Wheels & Brakes:

• Unknown make front strut brace

• HKS Hipermax coilovers

• 18" Volk Rays TE37 Wheels in white

• I believe it has the UK spec brakes - new pads fitted 2 months ago

Interior & ICE:

• Carbon Fibre OEM Steering wheel

• TRD Speedo + Rev counter

• Blitz boost gauge

• OEM Conlight (automatic headlights)

• OEM Recaros

• HKS Turbo Timer

• Sony Double Din CD/Minidisc Player (with stalk on steering wheel)

Exterior:

• OEM Spoiler

• JUN Front bumper (recently resprayed, along with both front wings and blended in to match)

• Mirror tints on rear window and quarters

• Facelift Headlights

• Facelift Sidelights

• TRD Bonnet

10 months MOT

2 months Tax

You are more than welcome to PM OR email me at [email protected]. More photos can be taken if required.

You are welcome to drive it ONLY if you are insured to do so. I will more than happily take you for a drive.

Known Problems

Im going to be as honest as I can.

• HKS suspension knocks from the rear, have had it inspected and no problem could be found.

• On full lock occasionally it sounds like a bush may be going/wheel arch rubbing?

• Typical slight yellowing of headlights

• Boot is a bit messy where old spoiler was (faded paint) and could do with a respray - been quoted £150-180 for this.

Comes with various receipts, documents, information sheets etc. Got a wallet full.

Also comes with both cats for MOT plus I've got a used HKS SSQV bov lying about which I bought from keron and never fitted you can have too if wanted.

Price: £9000 ono. Part ex considered but with max value of about 3k.

Car is based in North Somerset, about 7 miles outside of Bristol.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107171&d=1269486258

attachment.php?attachmentid=107175&d=1269486367

attachment.php?attachmentid=107174&d=1269486258

Photobucket album:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h168/plack_uk/car/

Pistonheads advert:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1882701.htm

More pictures on this link which were taken when it was in Japan:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2705051&postcount=19 - note this is with the old spoiler which is no longer on the car. Now has standard OEM spoiler

Also - pics in my garage

More pictures coming ASAP

Note: Can do the car a bit cheaper if wanted without the TE37s as I have been offered a swap + cash for some standard facelift wheels. Up to the buyer.

Oh just remembered, I replaced the clutch master cylinder 2 months ago also which I bought from a member on here. Car also comes with a spare brake master cylinder which I bought as a spare.

Note - sorry Imi but I copied to format of your ad! Hope you dont mind :)

Dude seriously take the pics you've put on the ad down now! then stick the Jap side pics up. Really those are awful pics you've put up there. Everything on my PC looks old/worn/damaged in those pics? You are so underselling the car with the pictures you've provided. The speel with the ad is always going to play second fiddle to the pictures.

+1.

Especially that steering wheel looks like it has been on like 200k miles or so :D

Can't see the pics in work but going by the older pics and the description it sounds like you may be under selling yourself. Certainly shouldn't hang around at any rate. I think it may be an RZ facelift though rather than an RZ-S. The RZ had Recaros & Big brakes as standard :)

Guest SupraTroopa
+1.

Especially that steering wheel looks like it has been on like 200k miles or so :D

I've just got a crappy camera to be honest. Steering wheel looks brand new and is one of the rare facelift carbon fibre ones.

I've just got a crappy camera to be honest. Steering wheel looks brand new and is one of the rare facelift carbon fibre ones.

Camera quality shouldn't be too much of a problem. Great photos can be take with bad cameras - it's all about framing your subject correctly.

Nice car.

Can't see the pics in work but going by the older pics and the description it sounds like you may be under selling yourself. Certainly shouldn't hang around at any rate. I think it may be an RZ facelift though rather than an RZ-S. The RZ had Recaros & Big brakes as standard :)

+1

Check out the VIN Plate and if it reads ALFVZ then it denotes it as an RZ-S, if the codes ALFQZ it is an RZ ;)

Guest SupraTroopa
+1

Check out the VIN Plate and if it reads ALFVZ then it denotes it as an RZ-S, if the codes ALFQZ it is an RZ ;)

Checked it, found out it is an RZ and not an RZ-S.

First post updated, cheers guys!

Guest SupraTroopa
This weekend is the big decision for me about heading to the states if i dont i will be calling you monday morning to arrange a viewing, if its all in order gonna drive it away:)

Ok mate well let me know. Had a few offers lower than asking price. Would much rather it went to a member on here than someone off pistonheads where I seem to get silly offers (less than 7k).

More than welcome to come have a look. Let me know :)

Ok mate well let me know. Had a few offers lower than asking price. Would much rather it went to a member on here than someone off pistonheads where I seem to get silly offers (less than 7k).

More than welcome to come have a look. Let me know :)

They are just chancing their arm at a bargain bud. Hold out, it is worth your asking price all day long. The car has a ton of rare items on it, the right buyer will definitely be along.

Guest SupraTroopa

Note: Can do the car a bit cheaper if wanted without the TE37s as I have been offered a swap + cash for some standard facelift wheels. Up to the buyer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.