The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance be careful

nevins

Becarefull with companies such as elephant and admiral, they are the same company. I have insurance with elephant and have found out it is void. I have a 95 n/a and they do not insure them, word of advice to any other n/a owners, Check what engine size they put down.

When renewing my insurance ready for the end of the month I noticed they had the engine size down as 2947cc. They are now saying that they do not insure the n/a. Luckily they have said that they will continue my cover but will not renew it as its their mistake.

Just be careful guys as, Check all the documents carefully.

I'm with Elephant and it's a lucky dip who you get on the other end of the phone! Sometimes they know a lot and sometimes they know nothing. I had my NA insured with elephant for a few years and that had the correct engine size on the document (i'll double check later). It may be worth phoning back and hopefully speaking to a different person. :) The first person i spoke to said i couldn't insure my NA-TT. The second time i phoned they said i could! :search:

Its a royal pain in the arse. When the kid on the end of the phone told me that they didn't make a 3l mkiv or a turbo, I asked for the supervisor only to be told where to go and then he added, my names Karl and im in cardiff not far away from you if you have a problem come see me.

Im in two minds whether or not to go scare the living daylights out of him.

Its a royal pain in the arse. When the kid on the end of the phone told me that they didn't make a 3l mkiv or a turbo, I asked for the supervisor only to be told where to go and then he added, my names Karl and im in cardiff not far away from you if you have a problem come see me.

Im in two minds whether or not to go scare the living daylights out of him.

Phone up customer services with a time and date, and ask if it is standard procedure to be threatened, and take it further...

Did complain, and spoke to a polite women in canada. A surprise to find that elephant has their head office there, thats how she has allowed me to keep the cover till 6th of june. She was suppose to cancel it there and then but due to the previous call she said its the least she could do.

I still think that they should refund me my money lol due to them saying I had not been covered

its an auto.......i was very specific in renewing also as my dads on the policy as well and with us going to lemans wanted to make sure it was valid in france as well and as long as you spend less than 30 consecutive days in any eec country its valid

I've just come off the phone to admiral and sometimes I can get insured on NA's, used to always get insured on the uk spec twin turbo and now they're saying I can't get insured on any of them! :| and yeah I agree it depends on who you get on the other end of the phone...try and get a woman because this time round I think this guy knew his supras lol

I'm with Admiral, documents are all perfect with the right car, only problem i had was that it only came up as a 99' Supra so i rang up and changed it to a 97'. All insured with the right car. Adrian Flux were only 40 pounds more. Insurance companies are weird old things. One minute say one thing, next something else. They all do it.