The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£30 for noisey exhausts!

adnanshah247

Vehicle noise levels should be between 82 and 89 decibels and background noise between 50 and 60 decibels.

The first £30 fixed penalty ticket was issued after a vehicle exhaust was measured at 93 decibels.

I thought there wasn't a loudness limit in decibels. Is this law now or has it always been?

So this test is it done stationary or on a drive by. As if its a drive by I see a very big flaw in their test, as i cant see many people coming back to get their ticket lol, and then you could always go live in a tent so you don't have a fixed address, but if it is stationary i'm going to be getting lots of pretty looking slips.

my friend just pointed out say the cops rev your engine to hear how load it is then, when they release the throttle a small 'POP' occurs from the exhaust or a little flame pops out...... lol bye bye supra.

Well, that's not a fair test then. I can drive mine pretty quietly...

Ferarris and Aston Martins are massively loud when gunning it.

i be honest i think the chav patrol will get stung the hardest. ive seen saxos with exhausts the size of bins on them. the other day at the lights a fiesta was next to me revving up and when we pulled off he was planting his foot down and the noise was unbearable! i was driving normaly and that thing wasnt even moving but sounded like a truck without an exhaust!

my friend just pointed out say the cops rev your engine to hear how load it is then, when they release the throttle a small 'POP' occurs from the exhaust or a little flame pops out...... lol bye bye supra.

So i guess if the copper does not like you your screwed either way then as they could be gentle or have a lead foot, and seeing as all the coppers round my area drool when they see something like a supra as they are all kindergarten cops with plastic badges, I can see them putting the pedal through the floor, which aint good as i get a nice blue tail out of my exhaust at high revs

i be honest i think the chav patrol will get stung the hardest. ive seen saxos with exhausts the size of bins on them. the other day at the lights a fiesta was next to me revving up and when we pulled off he was planting his foot down and the noise was unbearable! i was driving normaly and that thing wasnt even moving but sounded like a truck without an exhaust!

There's a saxo near my GFs house that has 4 exhausts. 4. Huge. And lambo doors. And a failside bodykit :)

There is one major floor with this new scheme.

How many of us with loud exhausts drive on full WOT around a town?

I have a LOUD exhaust but i dont always drive so every one can hear it or have their ears bleed.

So say you are driving quietly and a copper pulls you over only to find as he puts the pedal full throttle and it breaks their idea of loud.

Your screwed.

It will never work

I hope

So say you are driving quietly and a copper pulls you over only to find as he puts the pedal full throttle and it breaks their idea of loud.

Your screwed.

It will never work

Exactly. Lambos, Ferarris, Astons... they all roar when nailing the engine.

It's not on really.

Unless it's a saxo/corsa/clio :taped:

Guest Rays the roof

Mine registers 126 DBa with both cats out and trail exhaust. Got an home made muffler off Colsoop ;) and it's now a bearable 90DBa.

Been pulled once and officer told me I was lucky as VOSA vehicle was busy and left me off with a you look a responsible person so we shouldn't cross paths again lecture!!

Guest Rays the roof
I should get mine measured somehow. I am interested now!

Easy - Race past your local cop shop a couple of times and then park outside on double yellow lines. Hey presto 30 minutes later you will have a professional person testing it with a calibrated unit!!

;)

Alternatively come to JAE and ask me to bring my meter along!

Guest Rays the roof
my screamer pipe will have to go, every time i put my foot down, people stop to watch it go past! even other drivers!

PM'd !!;)