The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag Cams Like 280's

StuartW

Well i have been put off the Crowers due to stories of Damaged items,poor hp results and general lack of results.

Its a coin up between HKS or GSC stage 2

There seem to be better results from GSC's

The prices are

Per pair Brian Crower 280 $632

hks 280 $938

gsc'S Stage 2 $899.65

Heres what MVP say about GSC stage 2;

Stage 2: The S2 cams are designed for those running a large single turbo, larger than 71mm. These cams will not have bottom end losses over the S1 cams; nothing but gains will be seen and will promote great peak power gains. Gains of 60-100rwhp (depending on turbo) have been seen by simply bolting the S2 cams in and reshimming.

Designed for a rev range of 4000-8500 RPM's, these cams require upgraded valve springs, but can be run on stock cylinder heads. 800-1100rwhp camshaft set with a rougher than stock idle.

Intake 274 Duration 10.20mm peak lift, 109 degree Centerline

Exhaust 274 Duration 10.20mm Peak Lift, 119 degree Centerline:D

Dusty says these have given better results over HKS even though he is an HKS dealer!

Any thoughts??

• 2 weeks later...
Not what you originally posted up for but i have an Hks 256 intake and an HKS 264 exhaust cam. PM to discuss if you want Stuart.

cheers for the offer but i am already running 264 264 on the road car and have now ordered the GSC's for the drag car :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.