The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well its my first one........

Suprash

• 2 weeks later...

Remember guys this comp is this weekend if anyone fancies coming along, £5 on the gate for spectators and if anyone comes and finds me I will happily give you quick passenger ride - DISCLAIMER HERE lol.

But seriously there should quite a few people attending this and some good drivers, also some EDC driver will be down on the Sunday to judge the comp, but from what I can tell some bigger cars that dont normally turn up to our smaller events will also be along. Format will be Sat, normal drift day, so drift at your leisure, but cars will be running the drift box to measure angle and duration etc, and then Sunday a few laps again with the drift box and then being judged.

I have been working hard for the last couple of weeks now to get ready for this, and this weekend alone has cost me £500, I have even bought new rubber for the Sundays comp, Im finding Im just not getting the wear time now out of used rubber, so its a bit heart breaking to spend £127 pound on new rubber and knowing it will be killed in one day lol, but just the sight of all that tread is getting me excited, Im told new rubber lasts 5 times longer then used so cant wait.

Had a few test days at Pod to get a feel for the car since I bought her, but Lydd has always been my personal aim to really see what this car can do, oh and on the Sunday comp, I will be twinning with my team mate for the time ever so that will be interesting lol, sure some pictures will follow lol, just hope the're not reporting on too much damage, but any support will be appreciated and as I say, I'll chuck you in the passenger seat for a lap or two :D

Could you not persuade your mechanic? I know he was keen btw :)

Got a parking spot going? hehehehe *grin*

Mate I have tried blagging Graham to come along, I even said for the work he has done on the cars this year to keep them running I would let him have a little go somewhere safer like Pod, but he keeps finding excuses, I think he is scared if he goes once, he will get hooked, and he says he cant afford to get into it lol.......

No, no parking spaces going dude, I took the last one......;) :D

Ash do they do any events a bit closer to the Midlands ?

I need some shots for a portfolio i have to put together but as Steve says 3 hours each way :(

3hrs, that nothing to worry about, Im 2hrs away ;)

How would Norfolk be, Im up there on the 6th doing my BDC licence ?

Had a great weekend guys, I have some quality video of me twinning with a few others, so will upload them now for you to have a look at.

In the team drift comp, me and my mate came 3rd overall, which really did surprise us, we really wasnt expecting to get past the first round, so when we founf that out we couldnt stop smiling from then lol. Considering a lot of these guys have been doing it longer and there was cars and drivers from Driftworks, with proper garages and sponsors backing them, we were really chuffed on the day.

For my 3rd place I won a compression test kit, quite handy ;)

Got some videos here, this is me and my mate Joe getting some practice in for the team drift comp, it was just us two in our team, and you are judged on consistancy ie, not spinning or lossing control, and then your twinning aspects ie, the 2nd car following the 1st car exactly, same lines and transitioning etc, this was on the Sunday morning, as you can see it was stupidly raining, which wasnt what we wanted, so not the best conditions. In the afternoon was the judged laps, I have our first round judged laps on video that will be uploaded soon, but for now just the pratice stuff.

gOROGqEAMfc

I think this video sums up how bad the conditions are, and why its not good, when I spin cause of the water and no traction there isnt a lot Joe can do to avoid me, this time we was lucky lol........at least when its dry you can steer out to avoid them ;)

yjUKBkO7GWY