The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Black Facelift TT 6 Speed BPU

Shilakadaddy

-- SOLD -- :( -- SOLD -- :) -- SOLD --

1996 Black Facelift Twin Turbo 6 Speed BPU

Unfortunately, as with many others, it would seem the time has come to sell my Supra. As I’m currently attempting to relocate down to Manchester, I need to save a bit of money and the Supra probably isn’t the best choice in car for a city centre! I’ll be very sorry to see it go, as with the rising costs in fuel and road tax I doubt I’ll ever get the chance to own a car like the Supra again! :(

I’ve owned the car for almost 2 years, I’m only the second UK owner with the previous owner also being a mkivsupra.net member – chiefvinso - You can check his previous posts to see the history of the car.

Vehicle Details

1996 N’ Reg Facelift

Twin Turbo 6 Speed BPU – Currently running at 1.0 bar

67,000 Miles (Speedo currently reads 94,000 - 71,000 of these are Km)

MOT until August 2008

Tax until January 2009

Originally imported in August 2005 through FuturAutos

Factory Extras

UK Spec Front and Rear Brakes

Recaro Reclining Seats

OEM Sideskirts

OEM Spats

OEM Active Spoiler

Electric Folding Mirrors

17” Facelift Alloys

Added Upgrades

Blitz NurSpec RX Exhaust (the quiet one)

Whifbitz Double Decat

Tein Superstreet Coilovers (fully height and damper adjustable)

Endless SSS Brake Pads

Apexi Air Filter

Walbro Fuel Pump

Thor FCD

Defi Boost Gauge and Control Unit

Kenwood Head Unit & DSP

17cm Genesis Front Speakers

Recent Work Carried Out

92,000 - Engine Oil and Filter Changed - Silkolene PRO S 10W-50 and Genuine Toyota Filter

92,000 - Gearbox Oil Changed – Genuine Toyota V160 Oil

The condition of the car is excellent inside and out, and 100% mechanically sound. The only negative points with the car are cosmetic...

In order to stop the 18” alloys I had fitted previously from rubbing, the rear arch lip had to be trimmed. I had this done at the very reputable bodyshop GVN Coachworks in London. Unfortunately the passenger side rear arch has started to rust slightly since this work was carried out, however so far the problem can only be seen when looking from the ground up at the arch. As I live so far from London I’ve never had chance to revisit GVN to have the problem rectified, although I’m sure if I had the guys would have done it cost free and may even be willing to offer some discount to the new owner.

Aside from the usual car park dings and stone chips you’d expect to see on any road car, there’s also a small scrape on the front bumper and the sideskirts are cracked underneath. Ideally I'd like to get these resprayed, but as can be seen from the pics, its not exactly necessary.

The tyre tread is a little low, all four are still well within legal limits, however these will need replacing soon.

If I don’t get enough interest in the car at the current price, I’ll spend a small amount of money getting these problems resolved, making it mint condition, and re-advertise it with the 18” Rota GTR Alloys fitted, at a higher price. These wheels are available with the car if wanted (see garage for pictures).

This is great opportunity to own one of the most desirable Supra models with almost every factory fitted upgrade available and all the added extras of a Facelift car such as newer front and rear lights, newer dash, black head lining, more advanced traction control with snow mode - the list goes on!

£9995 ono

Feel free to PM me if you want any additional info, or call me on 07890893039

Cheers, Chris

No they're still the facelift ones with the cleaner lenses, but I had to paint the inner mouldings all black as the chrome rings had started to flake badly. I tried painting them with chrome paint, but they just ended up looking grey, so figured all black was probably better.

That is a beautiful example, shame you are so far away and I already own a Supra :(

Unless you are looking to free up some cash, still have supra looks but at lower running cost and would consider part ex for an n/a ;)

If there is a choice of 2 sups though, both similar and one has recaro's. Which one are you going to buy?

Might not make a difference to the price but it certainly will to the appeal ;)

Most first time buyers only realise the rarity of recaros after they join here ;)

Most first time buyers only realise the rarity of recaros after they join here ;)

This is true, I didn't actually care that it had these seats when I bought it, but after driving it for long periods and realising how comfortable they are, I can see why people want them.

I have considered swapping out various parts on the car for lower spec items (I think there's over £2k worth of extras), but as Scotster said, I'd like to leave them all on as it makes it one of the most complete "stockish" supras available :)

DannyB and conncl, afraid I'll only be looking to spend a max of £2k on another car (if I get one at all) and it'll have to be a lot more economical than a 3.0l :(

I was going to advertise the Rota's for £600 after I sold the car, but they do need 2 new rear tyres.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

Very nice car.

Just a thought but i think you should sell the Recaros seperately for cash and stock seats. they are pretty popular and i don't think stock seats would affect the resale on the car.

Yeah come on buy my seats and sell the recaro's on:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.