The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idle Control Valve (ICV)

Sharpie

Is this the little bugger that get's all gunked up over time and can cause idle issues ?

See photo's below of how dirty it was and now clean.

Does anyone recommend cleaning it with any kind of fluid to get it extra clean ?

I'll put it back together tomorrow and see if it helps.

A couple of links:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/iac/index.html

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13939&d=1112558977

DirtyTop.JPG

CleanerBottom.JPG

DirtyBottom.JPG

CleanerTOP.JPG

RearIntake.JPG

If anyone else needs to do this job, just undo the 2 x 12mm bolts, put the metal gasket in a safe place and then push the ICV away from the manifold so, you can just pull out the 0-ring washer and get to the check valve.

For some strange reason, I spent 1hr yesterday taking the whole ICV off the car and another 1hr today putting it back on (Bloody Water bypass hoses).

A 10min job turned into a 2hr job :(

You live and learn I guess.....and at least my idle is a fair bit better.

RearIntake1.JPG

• 11 months later...

I removed the 2 bolts and could pull the ICv fromt he manifold...removed the o-ring but couldn't get the other bit out. Didn't want to take the full ICV off the car as it was connected by two hoses at the underside that looked a nightmare to get back on

Then tried to take the top of the ICV off and the screws were solid and the screwhead if now fudged. Do I even need to take this part off?

From memory, NO.

You should be able to pull the check valve straight out after removing the O-ring. Or at least tease it out with a small flat headed screwdriver to hook it out.

So thats the only bits I want to be removing to clean then?...I was looking at the pics at the top of the thread...couldn't see the part in the 1st 2 pics

• 5 months later...