The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GunMetal 6 Speed with Big Twins

paconnors

Beautiful Gunmetal Facelift Manual TT offered for reluctant sale.

REDUCED PRICE 9850

I have had the car for 2.5 years.

All work on the car has been carried out by JPS Motorsport Milton Keynes.

Car has had a replacement engine with 50k miles fitted by JPS last year featuring TurboTechnic turbos (Rated at 450bhp each) and custom manifold and down pipe with externial Waste Gates.

Odometer shows 105K

The car is currently running at 1.1 bar of boost which is kept in check thanks to a Blitz I-Color boost controller.

The car has been tastfully setup with the intention of reaching some serious power levels.

All that is left to achieve this is some bigger injectors and a fuel management system.

New front lower wishbones fitted and full 4 wheel laser alignment carried out.

Full set of Bridgestone Ponzza RE050A all round with only 2k covered.

New Chris Wilson uprated clutch and new Toyota Flywheel fitted 12K ago.

Gearbox oil changed when I bought the car some 15K ago.

Car has been services regiously at JPS.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=360

Engine Specifications:

HKS type s FMIC with hard pipes and ducting

HKS adjustable cams and pullies

Uprated fuel pump

Turbocharger & Induction:

TurboTechnic turbos and custom manafold and down pipe with externial Waste Gates.

HKS induction kits

HKS BOV

Upgraded Spark Plugs

Exhaust:

HKS Super Dragger and double decat

Drivetrain:

Standard Getrag 6 speed box

CW Uprated Clutch

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

Gold, UK Spec Brakes with braided lines

Tein Adjustables all round

Front strut brace

18' OZ Racing Galileo III

Interior & ICE:

Pioneer Head Unit

Infinity 6.5' component speakers

800 watt amp

HKS Turbo Timer

Blitz I-Color boost controller

Blitz MF Boost and EGT gauges in A-pillar pod

Exterior:

Standard rear spoiler with rare extended lip

GZ Side skirts and rear splats

Colour coded active front spoiler

Debagged and modified front bumper

UK glass headlights

Modified clear rear lights

Thats alot of car for only 10250

Why are you selling? I only ask as I'm on the look out for a car for a mate & you've obviously owned this car for a while so are not selling due to the 'getting rid of a lemon' reason.

What happened to the old engine?

Were the turbos new? If not what are their history?

Also you're running big twins from a stock ECU?

You say adjustable HKS cams & pulleys, I assume you mean adjustable HKS pulleys, are the cams HKS? if so 256/264?

I never seem to get to drive the car anymore. New job with long hours communiting by train everyday.

I used to love my old job, where I could drive to work. Getting to drive the sup to work everyday would make you love any job.

I'm not in a rush to sell but I am getting married later in the year so the money would come in handy.

After having the car for almost a year I deciced to go BPU and fitted a double decat. I noticed that the car was leaking oil on the drive way. So I poped into JPS and they diagnosed the problem to be a Crank Seal. The replaced it and I was on my merry way.

However after only a short time I noticed oil on the driveway once again. So I headed straight back to JPS. Same problem, crank seal leaking. Leon believed the seal may have been damaged when being put in, so he replaced it for free.

But alas the problem occured again. So back to JPS again. This time he investigated further. It was found that the wrong grade of oil had been put in the car by the previous owner. It had disintegrated into a gritty substance throughout the engine. Thus causing the blown crank seals.

I asked Leon what my options were. He explained that a engine rebuild would be required, or an engine transplant. He has an engine instock with large turbos, pulleys and cams. So the rest is history.

The turbo's were once in Leon Green's drag car. He ran them for one season. I had intended putting larger injectors and an uprated ECU on the car but I never got round to doing it. But even at 1.1 bar the car is a flier.......

The pulleys and cams were on the engine when I bought from Leon. I'm not sure what version they are but I can chat Leon and find out.

Feel free to give me a call on 07833 645168 to discuss in further.

That is very cheap,sorry but I'm afraid i have to say that running those turbos at 1.1 bar on std injectors and ECU is a little on the err chancy side:blink: as if they can flow 450 each even at 1.1 bar there going to be flowing more that the std injectors and ECU can cope with, have you got a wideband fitted?

I'll point my mate in this direction to see if he's interested :)

:search: you have friends Jay? :p

I'm here -- I do love the look of the car. It's slightly over the budget and ideally, I would like a blue or a black one.

Without sounding harsh, I'll keep looking, but I'll come back to this if there's no joy with a blue/black TT6. One thing that could clinch it, is if he's interested in the Spider :)

In the meantime, best of luck with the sale!!

:search: you have friends Jay? :p

I'm here -- I do love the look of the car. It's slightly over the budget and ideally, I would like a blue or a black one.

Without sounding harsh, I'll keep looking, but I'll come back to this if there's no joy with a blue/black TT6. One thing that could clinch it, is if he's interested in the Spider :)

In the meantime, best of luck with the sale!!

:p

The Gunmetals are sexy as man, was looking at Rob Wilds today, it is just stunning (I wanted a Gunmetal when I got mine, the black one I got was my 2nd choice!!!)

:p

The Gunmetals are sexy as man, was looking at Rob Wilds today, it is just stunning (I wanted a Gunmetal when I got mine, the black one I got was my 2nd choice!!!)

Yep, I'll have to wait till one comes along at 9k though mate .. budget has to firm on this! :(

I can stretch more if the Spider goes, though - but with the fleet outside and the plans ahead, I've gotta be disciplined!

If I was going to buy something like this, I think the first move would be a quick call to Ryan for a Link and a session for mappage!

My first call would be to the injector and ECU-shop in order to do the 'mappage' and then you'll have a right fine car - not to say that it isn't like that already.

This will be a great buy for some lucky chap;)

Yep. Just budget.

If someone takes my Spider off eBay in the next 12 hours. I'll take it - or if he's prepared to p/x. It's a solid platform!

QUOTE]

Sorry for the off topic but WOW at your spider. Never seen a convertible MR2, didnt know they even did one.

Back on topic, nothing to see here

Questions are all valid.

But as I said JPS has carried out all the work on the car. I'm not very compedent when it comes to the physicis or mecanics involved in setting up these turbos, but Leon assured me it would be fine.

As for the comment of it running like a dog on standard ecu and Injectors is just dumb-founded.

If I was intending on keeping the car I would go down the route of changing the them.

I would recomend anyone who is serious about buying a supra to come and see it for yourself.

I have priced the car to sell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.