The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Japanese Car Show - Shakespeare County Raceway - 5th/6th April 2008

SteveR

Sat/Sun 5th/6th April 2008

A few days ago I received a PM from a chap called Ian ("r33" on here) who invited our club to join a few others for a weekend at Shakespeare County Raceway (drag strip), near J15 of the M40.

The idea is to hold a pretty "complete" Japanese-only car event, and hopefully make it big & popular enough to become an annual occurrence. Drag strip, drift circuit, trade stands, 300~500 Jap cars, demos, camping, beer! What more could you want? :friday:

We've been offered a club stand of whatever size we need, and I'm hoping a lot of members will support the event and due to its more central location, perhaps it'll even be an alternative to JAE for a lot of people?

Entrance is £10 per day, payable on the gate (nice & simple: no advance/group discounts), on-site camping is free.

For those who fancy it, "unlimited" track (strip?) access is £20 per day, or £35 for the full weekend. (UK Drivers license required)

(I guess "unlimited" translates into it being a queue-up-and-go affair, but I'll let Ian confirm!)

Are any of our traders interested in coming along? Apart from the opportunity to sell your services & products, it would be nice to see a few of the awesome demo cars we've got kicking around there doing some runs and representing the Supra community!

I'm told that a few company sponsors will be attending and will be providing prizes for the various competitions (e.g. show & shine) and that there will be at least a couple of magazines there taking pictures and documenting the weekend.

There will also be some of the pro-street drag series cars doing warm-up runs in preparation for this years championship.

All in all, and especially if the weather is kind to us, this sounds like it could be a great event!

Who's in? :cool:

Thanks Steve, if anyone has any questions just ask as i'll be keeping an eye on this thread too :)

Quite a few local midlands supra owners have been along to our meets and post on the forum so they know me as 'mruk' on there

• 4 weeks later...

bump,

unfortunatly the drifting arena isn't going to be available now

the owner of the track has decided not to allow it, shame they've left it until a week before it to decide.

Should still be good fun either way, would recommend the camping :burp::innocent:

sorry mike, i lost the link before and iwas half asleep when i found it again so i missed the question

the show'n'shine competitions aswell as the track action, as mentioned before the drifting hasn't materialised :(

I think the event could have been massive (for the club I mean - it perhaps still will be in the wider world of Japenese cars), but I'm not so sure now how big it will be. I don't think I'll be going, and at this stage I can't see the need for a club stand - sorry to be 'down' on the event like this Ian, I'm sure it's not easy organising something like this! :(

Don't worry about it on the club stand front, we are going to separate the Jap car parking from the everyday cars apart from our stand of course... as there is alot of clubs going to the ISTS and taking all their equipment etc so they weren't that fussed about coming along as a club.

BIG BUMP as its on this weekend

couple of things to mention:

*** Total Magazines Ltd are going to be running an article in Total Nissan, Total Impreza and Total Mitsubishi , also Japanese Performance will be doing a write up of the event

*** Total Magazines Ltd are also sponsoring The Quickest Impreza, Quickest Mitsubishi and the Quickest Nissan on the sunday by giving away a years subscription

*** There is a Show'n'shine competition with the Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.

*** There is a measured Exhaust sound off competition with a trophy and prize for the loudest car of the day...

This is also worth getting involved in if you just think your car sounds the tits and want everyone else to know it :D or even if you'd just like to find out how loud your car is for trackdays etc... its free to enter !

*** Also there is a Show'n'shine style competition for the "Most originally modified car of the show"