The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Twin Turbo

Millsy

NEW PRICE £4700

Silver Supra Jap import twin turbo. Brand new MOT put on in December 07, 6 months tax from beginning of Feb 08. So that's MOT until Dec 08 and Tax until Aug 08.

Has had some paintwork in past (had a non-fault accident Feb 07 but was professionally repaired) Has one brand new headlight and the drivers side could do with a refurb. Few marks on the body worst of which is a little missing paint on both doors, but mechanically very sound. Regularly serviced while I've owned it including cambelt change.

Was using daily until a few months ago but was putting too many miles on the Supra so bought something more economical. Now it's just tucked up in my garage not really getting used. Ran it 180 miles last week though and everything was fine although the tyres on the rear (Eagle F1s - put on for MOT) are probably the wrong size as they scrub on arches when tight cornering with two people in car. Will include original wheels and tyres in sale to compensate.

Mileage reads a little high (around 146k) but it's been incredibly reliable and not sure how many of those were done in kph. Have old MOTs back to 2000 and a bunch of receipts.

Mods include

18in Fuel alloys (8j on front 9j on rear)

Tannabe suspension

RSR exhaust

Apexi induction kit

Alarm (with spare fob)

Sony X-plod headunit

Blitz turbo timer

Private plate

Usual extras like electric drivers seat, slip control, air con etc.

Quick, reliable car that with a small amount of work could be stunning. Let's face it, most enthusiasts want to do bits anyway, so this could save you money! Don't really want to sell, but not using it and could do with the money. Had it on Pistonheads a while back and eBay last week and got lots of messers and traders trying to buy it for £4k. Would rather sell to an enthusiast and I reckon offers approaching £5k would be fair. Try me, you never know. And don't be put off by the low price - I always get a little suspicious about lower priced cars as I think you're buying someones problems - sure this could do with some tidying, but you could use it everyday from now on without fault.

Thanks, Millsy

07730 542263

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a bad time of year to be selling as people don't have much money right now, but this has loads of tax and MOT left, runs perfectly and could be yours for very little money really. Haven't seen a TT Supra advertised anywhere for the money I'd accept for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing's really wrong with it - runs perfectly. The rear tyres rub a little but am including the original wheels and tyres as compensation.

As far as tidying goes:

• One headlight is new, the other old so old one could do with replacing so they match

• small dink in front bumper (two weird holes about the size you'd get if you hammered a nail into the bumper) and cracked front numberplate

• small amount of paint missing in about the same places on each door from where some vinyl was taken off (about 4cm square if that) - only the driver's side is noticeable from any distance though

• as stated the car was driven into but repaired professionally over a year ago - the repairers never put a small black plastic strip back on to cover the mounting bolts in the mouth of the front bumper. They got the part in when I noticed, but I've never collected it.

• a few small marks imperfections on the body as you'd expect from a car of 15 years old but still looks great when clean

• interior could do with a good valet and the driver's seat bolster is a little worn as you'd expect.

Sounds really bad doesn't it, but a lot of it you hardly notice and the only things that have bothered me are the mismatched headlights and the missing paint on driver's door. Reckon to make it mint you'd be looking to spend about £600 on paint and the headlight so all in all a pretty tidy Supra for just over £5k. Would do it myself, but a) don't have £600 to spare right now, b) want the car gone asap and c) don't have time to mess around sorting it anyway. That's why I'm letting it go cheap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.