The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looked all over (worried)

123tom123tom

right this is the story so far, i went bpu this week, my a/f ratio are all over.

at idle 14.7-15.3 i have read this fine.

but the problem is when i put the foot down it seems to go wappy it goes down to about 12 then up to 15/16.... now i know this is bad (running Lean) at boost, what do i need to do,

or and another thing is when you take the foot off the loud peddle isnt it ment to go off the scale lean not rich like mine..

i am reading correctly the lower the number the richer it is.

do i need to up the fuel pressure on the fpr, at the min it is at 35-40 psi never seems to hold.

right this is the story so far, i went bpu this week, my a/f ratio are all over.

at idle 14.7-15.3 i have read this fine.

but the problem is when i put the foot down it seems to go wappy it goes down to about 12 then up to 15/16.... now i know this is bad (running Lean) at boost, what do i need to do,

or and another thing is when you take the foot off the loud peddle isnt it ment to go off the scale lean not rich like mine..

i am reading correctly the lower the number the richer it is.

do i need to up the fuel pressure on the fpr, at the min it is at 35-40 psi never seems to hold.

So your saying that once you put your foot down AFRs initially go to 12 and then go back up to 15/16 NOT GOOD! foot still on throttle and still making boost?

oh and the going rich when you take your foot off the throttle is normal it Will go rich for a second or two then go lean 20.9 = no fuel.

So your saying that once you put your foot down AFRs initially go to 12 and then go back up to 15/16 NOT GOOD! foot still on throttle and still making boost?

I think this is the key bit.

It should only go up to 15/16 when releasing the throttle.

i have just been out in the car and set the fuel pressure slightly higher at idle about 43psi, with this my air fuel ratio are as follows,

idle 14.7- 15.2 jumping about

whilst normal driving jumps between 14.5-15.5

foot to the floor full boost goes to 10.4 and jumps around 11.1

does this sound better, but what about me having to raise the fuel pressure

i have just been out in the car and set the fuel pressure slightly higher at idle about 43psi, with this my air fuel ratio are as follows,

idle 14.7- 15.2 jumping about

whilst normal driving jumps between 14.5-15.5

foot to the floor full boost goes to 10.4 and jumps around 11.1

does this sound better, but what about me having to raise the fuel pressure

Sounds OK, 10.4 is a bit rich, 11.1 is OK if you have no form of ECU control, the only bit that worries me is the fact that it it jumps from 10.4 to 11.1 whilst still on full boost and flat to the floor, are you sure there is no drop in boost pressure when it goes to 11.1??

Think It Is The Fuel Pressure Regulator It Wont Hold Pressure Constant, It All Over It Even Read 60psi Earlier.....

Where are reading the pressure from, surely not 60psi on a gauge in the engine bay.

FYI you have put a capital at the beginning of each word :search:

yes the gauge that is on the fpr has up toi 80 psi... this surely shouldnt make a difference to it staying constant though.

also now i am getting pissed at bpu as the car wont start properly from cold, it starts, goes to about 1100 rpm stays as per usual then starts to drop and drop until it starts to cut out or cut out, as this is happening the aem gauge gets leaner and leaner untill it goes --- and then cuts.

if i manually hold the revs at a 1000 rpm until it warms up slightly it becomes fine and runs normal at about 800rpm with 14.7-15.2 on the aem gauge

its a mistery to me

HELP PLEASE

yes the gauge that is on the fpr has up toi 80 psi... this surely shouldnt make a difference to it staying constant though.

also now i am getting pissed at bpu as the car wont start properly from cold, it starts, goes to about 1100 rpm stays as per usual then starts to drop and drop until it starts to cut out or cut out, as this is happening the aem gauge gets leaner and leaner untill it goes --- and then cuts.

if i manually hold the revs at a 1000 rpm until it warms up slightly it becomes fine and runs normal at about 800rpm with 14.7-15.2 on the aem gauge

its a mistery to me

HELP PLEASE

Just how lean is it reading when you start from cold and don't manually hold the RPM??

i have read that thred a million times lol... but i cant understand wheather it is exactly the same thing. my problem i think is the fpr, but what i am now asking is, would this cause the car to not start on cold starts properly ie when i started this morning it went to 1100rpm them i manually had to hold it there until the car got warm or it would just cut out and run lean off the scale ---

am confused to hell now i just need a stock fuel pressure regulator and the metal ruturn line that screws into it, this i think will solve the problem....

or well i am on this little rant, how does the stock fpr account for the extra boost that is been produced at bpu, because it is not adjustable, how does it no to put that extra load of fuel in at a full 1.2 psi....