The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where did you locate your restrictor ring?

SkyJawa

Just got it from Chris, hoping to get it on the car tomorrow as I'm running on the rollers on Sat and at the mo its hitting 1.4 bar, so not a good combination!!!!

My thoughts are to put it in the joint between the first and second decat pipe?

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by HISUPE

Just got it from Chris, hoping to get it on the car tomorrow as I'm running on the rollers on Sat and at the mo its hitting 1.4 bar, so not a good combination!!!!

My thoughts are to put it in the joint between the first and second decat pipe?

Any thoughts?

Either there or between 2nd cat pipe and rest of system are both fine.

Tried again this morning, bit warmer than last week and still hitting 1.3, so this should work a treat.

Got it with me to pop to a local exhaust place at lunch where I'll ask for it to be put between the 2nd cat pipe and the rear section :D

Had a thought though - will I need an extra gasket or anything? Got a Toyota dealer 2 secs down the road if so!!

Got it fitted.

Done a few initial "tests" but the car was not as warmed up as on my journey in and its warmed up temp wise so true test will be am. However - its gone from 1.3 this morning, to no more than 0.95 on the gauge now!!!! :eek:

Mmmmmmmm time for a boost controller ;) LOL!

Hey guys,

Just got a couple of questions regarding decat pipes.

My lower cat is gone (thanks to HKS pipe I think) and i'm considering getting rid of top cat now too. I wondered what size (internal diameter) these top decat pipes were - and whether they match up internally to turbo outlet or if there's a step change in diameter?

I'm running a J spec (I know there are slight differences in pipes for uk)

Thanks

Not sure I can help you mate, I'm sure some-one else will!

On another note - Chris, if the boost stays a bit too low, how much can I open the hole up to raise it - eg, have you any method to say from what I have now, what to open the hole by to gain another 0.1 bar etc.....?

Otherwise I guess its plenty of trial and error ;) or a boost controller!

Top stuff, thanks Chris :D As I said, I'm not going to do it straight away, as you might have got it spot on for when the colder stuff gets here ;) I certainly appreciate its not an exact science, and indeed the way I see it, hitting 0.95 bar is far better than hitting 1.35 on standard J-Spec fueling so at least I can progress from a safe point :) See how it goes and may then enlarge it the 2mm if its still a tad low, I'll be after a boost controller next year anyway I imagine so its not a big deal!

Thanks for all the help Chris - much appreciated!