The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Six degree advance = Sixty BHP

b_have

Fitted my Meth injection recently (after Ryan had mapped) so went for a remap today at Surrey RR. Ryan found he could dial in another six degree of advance up top which netted 60 extra ponies :)

Fantastic drive home, my god, 560 bhp is fun! :)

Many thanks Ryan, top job as usual, also nice to meet Tony,Gaz,Darrell and others.

Dyno 23 September 07 002 (Large).jpg

Good to meet you Charlie. And nice motor!

60bhp is a great result in anyones book and I'll be getting water/meth sometime soon after seeing those results. Very impressive. I was also impressed with how well thought out your whole setup was and i'd love to have a close look at your T61 :)

Wow amazing how much extra ponies can be dialed in using meth injection. Well done, Ryan sure knows his stuff!:)

Does this cause a problem using the car if you run out of meth or can the map be switched for use without it whenever?.

And Is that using neat meth or water mix?

Also wondered when tuning in the meth does it effect how your WBO2 AFR readings should be interperated i.e. AFR of using neat methanol as a fuel i think is like 6.5, so is Meth injection amount using WI kit so negligible AFR is still 14.7?

Nice to see you today Charlie :) Great result there, I'm happy for you :)

I was looked at the dyno chart comparison and your one is very near to mine at the top end (though the torque on yours doesn't drop off quite so quick), maybe you do have stock cams in there? There might be potential for even more power!

I was having a think about this on the way home.... With regard to mapping it with the WI, is there any warning system in place in case of the WI system failing? That is apart from the det detection warnings of course!

Nice to see you today Charlie :) Great result there, I'm happy for you :)

I was looked at the dyno chart comparison and your one is very near to mine at the top end (though the torque on yours doesn't drop off quite so quick), maybe you do have stock cams in there? There might be potential for even more power!

I was having a think about this on the way home.... With regard to mapping it with the WI, is there any warning system in place in case of the WI system failing? That is apart from the det detection warnings of course!

Cheers Daryll, interesting dat wasn't it.

No warning lights yet, Although I know a man working on just that!

Wow amazing how much extra ponies can be dialed in using meth injection. Well done, Ryan sure knows his stuff!:)

Does this cause a problem using the car if you run out of meth or can the map be switched for use without it whenever?.

And Is that using neat meth or water mix?

Also wondered when tuning in the meth does it effect how your WBO2 AFR readings should be interperated i.e. AFR of using neat methanol as a fuel i think is like 6.5, so is Meth injection amount using WI kit so negligible AFR is still 14.7?

This WOULD cause a problem if the pump fails or runs dry. I have a det warning light that would indicate that, but looking at a pump failure warning system as well at the mo.

Running a 50/50 mix at the mo, has little effect on lambda reading and virtually no fuelling effect.

Cracking setup this car, Pulls sooo hard.

I found i could get some more timing in on the dyno anyway but then relised just how much i could get in with the methanol on.

Its a 50/50 setup so water really helps the cooling too was seeing 33c inlet temps on dyno

Charlie wanted me to run more boost but 1.4bar is enough for today.

With regards to pump failing i pulled 3 degrees of the top end again just to play it safe incase the pump did fail but will be sending the meth map to charlie when he has hooked up his pump monitor system :)

This WOULD cause a problem if the pump fails or runs dry. I have a det warning light that would indicate that, but looking at a pump failure warning system as well at the mo.

Running a 50/50 mix at the mo, has little effect on lambda reading and virtually no fuelling effect.

I see, I think the Aquamist WI kit Lui's got has a flow rate display/guage not sure if you can retro-fit it to your kit. Which might be worth getting as it it could warn you as soon as flow stops or theres a problem with flow rate, dunno how fast a warning the det warning light gives you, bet perhaps being aware of flow issue before det occurs would be safer guard?

...dial in another six degree of advance up top which netted 60 extra ponies :).

Nice, but hardly surpising though, is it?;)

Glad you tried to tune WI for extra power, instead of the usual 'det insurance' running it on top of a pig-rich setup.

There's more where that power came from:d

Well, they cross out 'fly' and write 'hub' :D Seriously.

Either that and they don't bother; but explain to the sucker/customer that 'flywheel' on the print out is a simple error and it really means 'hubs'.

It's because you can't do a coast down on a hub dyno I believe. Normally on a dyno you let the car coast down from speed to a standstill on the rollers - the rollers then work out how much resistance is being felt and use this to work out the fly BHP. This is why RWHP figures are pretty meaningless IMO, because depending on the number of rollers and how hard the car is strapped down, and where on the roller it is positioned you can get BIG differences in the amount of resistance and therefore torque measured at the wheels due to the tyres deforming. The coast down accounts for this (at least as far as possible) and produces a consistant figure.

I think on a hub dyno you just have to estimate the resistance (which is obviously less as there are no tyres in the way).