The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What makes that cool noise in the Supra?

SupraPL

Got a wastegate, dump valve and screamer.

1 of them makes a tiiuuuuututututushh noise :) think it's the wastegate

Sounds great when your on turbo then back off or change gear, a mate lower his z4 roof so he could follow me and listen to it as i played with turbo :)

compressor surge i believe :)

Got a wastegate, dump valve and screamer.

1 of them makes a tiiuuuuututututushh noise :) think it's the wastegate

As stated above, its compressor stall, not the wastegate, BOV or screamer pipe.

The bov gives the dump sound, the screamer the shrieking noise when at or around max boost.

• 1 month later...

No way the R34 is surpassed by the evo. In my opinion the Supra is behind the R34 too although i can't wait to own a Sup.

Have you seen the prices of an R34?

Remember that nissan did it with a 2.6 engine too ;)

Supra for me in my lifetime i think will be my ultimate car. If i could however go one step further it would be an R34.

Scott =op

I can't believe you've not seen that clip before. tis a frickin awesome car. Never seen anything go rev like that!

I've got the road going version of the engine, built by Mine's.

It loves to rev and the response is great, but their demo car is in a different league.

What a car you have Nick, just checked the spec. Must be absolutely awesome.

Out of curiosity... what the hell does the demo car put out if it puts yours in the shade??

Scott =op

Click the link in his sig. It's a V-spec II with a 600bhp engine, fully built by Mines.

Tis an awesome car.

Yeah i know what his car is, i'm asking what the mines demo car has ;)

Scott =op

It has around 630bhp, but it's not just the power that makes it so quick, it's how it makes it. The car was designed from the ground up for Time Attack, and built to win at Tsukuba. It's perfectly setup for that track.

Changes to the prop (carbon) and diffs also increase the response. The suspension setup is also very trick, the list goes on...

They're running at Tsukuba this December and I'll be there so I'll get some decent video and pictures, of all the cars. Such a great event, you're free to wander in the pits around all the cars. Some truely stunning machines there.:)

Ahh right, so its not just a bigger turbo or anything like that. I remember seeing the sup vs R34 vid ages ago (the same one on this thread) and it looks unbelievably fast. Would be a treat to have a run in one though. Must put a smile on your face everytime you hit the go faster pedal.

Scott =op